Babies on the Brain

Silly MIL

My MIL is a silly silly woman. 

She has a rare liver disease and got taken off the transplant list last month for getting a DUI in a car that didnt have current tags. Then she got to spend 3 days in jail for not showing up to her court date for said DUI, and today calls DH to tell him that she is getting a tattoo. And not like at a tattoo place either, its in some guy's kitchen. Keep in mind that she is almost 50. Oh.... I have stopped being mad about such things and now laugh and look forward to what she will do next. It like my own personal soap opera! LOL!!

What really off the wall crazy things has your MIL done lately? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Silly MIL

• Yeah no, my MIL is normal and awesome.  And she's a cop, so a DUI would never fly for anybody in our family, much less her.  I think I'd have to cut someone like your MIL out of my life, family or not. 
  • My MIL is a crackhead drunk. So the true question should be "What hasn't your MIL done lately?"
  • Loading the player...
  • imageleslie13510:
    Yeah no, my MIL is normal and awesome.  And she's a cop, so a DUI would never fly for anybody in our family, much less her.  I think I'd have to cut someone like your MIL out of my life, family or not. 

This minus the MIL being a cop thing. 

Baby #1 edd 4/21/07 - Matthias James born 5/2/07, 9 lbs, 22 in

Baby # 2 edd 11/26/08 - Ezra Jacob born 11/29/08, 9 lbs 6 oz., 21 3/4 in

Baby #3 edd 05/04/13 - Titus Jude born 05/01/13, 9 lb 5 oz. 21.5 in

• My MIL is from some weird 50's housewife alternate universe, so her weirdness is serving too many appetizers. 

Uhh, your MIL is an assshole. No offense, but eff that. I'm glad she's off the UNOS list if she clearly can't take it seriously. Not that I wish harm on her, but there are only so many organs to go around and it should go to someone who is willing to make the sacrifices like not drinking and no tats.  

• The only crazy thing I've ever even heard about my (soon to be) MIL doing happened about a year before I even met FI. She was at a family wedding in Mexico and got so drunk (off just wine, mind you) that she had to be carried back to her hotel room. And apparently that was the first time she actually drank.

Now she just does annoying things like give unwanted advice, touches my belly, and calls me "little mama". Which makes me want to run far and fast from her.

• yeah, my MIL is pretty damn awesome. I think anyone who pulled that shiz in their family would be completely cut out. The most out there thing she did recently was ask us to move in with them when we found out we can't get a mortgage "just to get on our feet, but also feeling free to just live with them indefinitely" lol.  I honestly wouldn't even mind staying with them for a bit. 
    imageimageimage
  • Your MIL is more than just silly, she is a freaking train wreck.

MIL isn't too bad as far as MILs go, although she is occasionally passive aggressive.  DH thinks the sun shines out her ass which is pretty annoying sometimes.

• imageExcitedtostart:

My MIL is from some weird 50's housewife alternate universe, so her weirdness is serving too many appetizers. 

Uhh, your MIL is an assshole. No offense, but eff that. I'm glad she's off the UNOS list if she clearly can't take it seriously. Not that I wish harm on her, but there are only so many organs to go around and it should go to someone who is willing to make the sacrifices like not drinking and no tats.  

Haha! I dont take any offense. Trust me, Im not her biggest fan. And she has done A LOT of other stupid things. There are just to many to list. My BIL has given up talking to her all together. I dont know how DH still has a relationship with her. And when we got preg with DS DH told her that she wasnt going to be able to babysit him by herself, and she still whines about it. I dont talk to her at all, I dont have the patience for it.

• Got green racing stripes on her KIA soul..

Yeah, she's that cool.

Photobucket  Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MIL is pretty normal. Our lease is up soon and she keeps saying she wishes she had room for us at her house, but thats the worst she's done. That and talks to much, but its always about DS or my nephew, so I don't mind so much.
    Photobucket
    Nursed without dairy, egg, soy, peanut, treenut, fish, shellfish or beef for over a year.
    Currently tandem nursing dairy, egg, and shellfish free.
    DS born via emergency c/s after 20 hrs of labor. DD successful VBAC!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Learning Liam
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"