Austin Babies

Would you change pedis?

I need to schedule Elena's 6th year check-up (dang!  That sounds old!) but I am undecided on whether to change pediatricians so haven't done it.

I'm happy enough with our current pedi.  No complaints at all, but I'm not in love with them.  Of course, I don't really think I'd be in love with any of them -- I just have never had the huge affection for doctors that some people on this board seem to.  :)

Anyway, our pedi's office is about to leave their mopac/parmer super-convenient location and only keep their 620-just-past-lakeline mall not-convenient-at-all-to-me location.  UGH.

Their email insists that it is "only 10 minutes" away, but I call bullhonkey on that one, and I really like being physically CLOSE to a pediatrician.   Julia is having a couple odd issues which one morning had me drive straight to the doctor's after dropping Elena off at school and being there when they opened their doors, and I LIKE being able to do that (and also hope to never need to do that again, but I digress).  Driving with sick kids is icky in any situation.

BUT I also like the continuity of care....

sorry.  thinking out loud.  I guess writing this out I'll probably change, but I really really don't want to...

imageimage
6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
My Blog! All about my girls and quilting

Re: Would you change pedis?

• I'm the wrong person to ask, just because I'm very close friends w dr. D, we have known eatchother for 29 years:) So I say stay! I'm sad their moving too. But it looks like they are trying to start home visits and extended hours too, that appeals to me alot:) Good luck with your decision!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagenanann:
      I just have never had the huge affection for doctors that some people on this board seem to.  :)

Did your doctor make the Mix 94.7 "Hot Doctor List" ? Wink

I would stay with the practice and drive pretty far for a pedi I adored. If Tree house moved their practice to Westlake, we'd still go. Kyle or Buda? No freaking way. But for if either of the girls was so sick that I'd be super dreading the drive, I'd prolly just go to my own ER. My POV is pretty different of course.

I would attempt to find something better/closer if I was just "meh" about our pedi. I've been making an effort not to spend too much time in the car lately (for the sake of the girls overall) and that means not trekking all over town. I do drive from RR to the area you're talking about on a regular basis (m_and_m's) and it doesn't seem all that far unless it's getting close to rush hour. The toll road is just groovy.

Can you list 3 things that you really like in your current pedi that you'd be terribly disappointed about if you couldn't find it in someone else?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • If your not super in love with them and you don't feel like driving then I would switch. Who knows, you might end up with somebody that you really love. And, if you can't find anyone, you can always go back to your old dr. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"