3rd Trimester
Options

maybe tmi (discharge related)

sooo the past 3-4days I've been having watery discharge, no gush or anything, just midway thru the day I'm definately damp in my underwear and although its clear, when it drys it has a light brown tinge to it ( no mucous though, just watery) it does have a smell to it, not bad/fowl but different... not sure if this is just "normal" end of pregnancy discharge or maybe a slow af leak or worse an infection... I plan on calling my Ob tmrw but just curious if you ladies had any experiance/advice

TIA

#1 DD June 2009
#2 DS July 2011
#3 DD June
CP December 2015
M/C 8/2016
Rainbow & Babe #4 EDD 7.28.18

Re: maybe tmi (discharge related)

• Options
    A lot of people describe the amniotic fluid as smelling kind of "earthy" or "spermy" so maybe it is a small leak? I would think it would have more of a funky smell if it were an infection... Probably best to ask at your next appt. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hmm... "earthy" sounds right as a description for smell... if it is a slow leak is okay to wait to call till tmrw? it's not an emergency situation.... right? Would they want to induce me or is it okay to let it be bc its not a full rupture?

#1 DD June 2009
    #2 DS July 2011
    #3 DD June
    CP December 2015
    M/C 8/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the same thing going on. It was the brown tinge that's throwing me off. I am pry going to.call tomorrow to find out. You could have a slow leak, but also the disharge increases in the third tri.
  • Options

I had something similar and they actually tested to see if it was an AF leak, but it wasn't. 

I would get it checked out, but think you are probably safe!

• Options
    imageSoxgirl07:

I had something similar and they actually tested to see if it was an AF leak, but it wasn't. 

I would get it checked out, but think you are probably safe!

I had this too, and they tested it and it was just watery discharge.  But I would call my OB since you are further along and it is drying with a brown tinge! 

BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

got back from my OB, it's not af... apparently all different types of discharge are considered "normal" during pregnancy... lucky me!

oh well baby is safe and that's all that matters, they had me do a NST as a precaution and he's doing good...

Thanks for all your input!

#1 DD June 2009
    #2 DS July 2011
    #3 DD June
    CP December 2015
    M/C 8/2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"