March 2011 Moms
Options

Please tell me I'm not the only one...

who's still wearing maternity clothing. I definitely don't have a choice when it comes to tops because my boobs are huge and any of my pre-pregnancy tops are now mid-drifts on me (and no one wants to see that Stick out tongue). But I'm also wearing maternity pants/shorts most days too. I can fit into my pre-pregnancy pants but they are so uncomfortable, not to mention the huge muffin top they give me now. Anyone else still sportin' maternity wear?

Re: Please tell me I'm not the only one...

• Options
    I am still wearing maternity tops. My old ones fit, but just aren't stretchy enough for breastfeeding
  • Options
    Yup, I can fit into a lot of pre-pregnancy things, but not everything and the maternity stuff is just so comfortable!
    BFP #1 2/10/10: No HB on 4/29/10 at 15 wk, D&C 4/30/10, Baby measured 11-12 wks. First Pregnancy and first loss. BFP #2 7/25/10: Blake Daniel arrived 3/25/11 BFP #3 3/9/12: Our Turkey Baby! Due Date: 11/19/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ugh, I can't fit into my maternity bottoms! I weight more now than I did when I was PG and I can't diet because I don't want to mess with my supply. :(

I love wearing my tops though, they are so soft and so comfy!

Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• Options
    khaukekhauke member
    Still in my maternity bottoms...and stealing a fair amount of my husbands t-shirts as well.   Still can't find a bra in a store that fits well.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Our Fur-babies: Oliver, Leela, & Neville Our Puppies
  • Options
    Last summer, I bought a bunch of cotton skirts with a stretchy waist band/draw string.  That's what I'm wearing most of the time.  I can't fit into anything else. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It's sad. I have 2 pairs of maternity paints that I wear and one pair of non-mat jeans. I'm sooo close to getting in another non-mat pair of jeans. My biggest problem is my belly, hardly anything will do up over it. Maybe soon.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Not wearing maternity, but wearing clothes 3 or 4 sizes larger than before pregnancy.  Had my big girl clothes from a previous weight loss, thankfully.  Otherwise I'd be naked.  Thanks for posting this.  Glad to know we're rowing this boat together.

• Options
    yep.   Have 3 pair of maternity yoga pants from ON, a cute cotton skirt and a pair of Target maternity pants with the elastic band you can adjust to make them look "normal".   I can only fit 5 pair of non maternity pants - 3 jeans and 2 dress.   It's depressing.  Only 2 more inches off the hips and I should be back but it's hard work!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options

In the same boat - 3 sizes larger than pre-pregnancy.  I guess that is what happens when you gain 60 lbs.  I 'm still holding on to about 18 lbs - at least 4 of which I attribute to boobs. 

I always had stable weight previously - so it is really surprising to me how much the extra weight impacts the fit of my clothes and also how difficult it is to lose the remaining weight. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just wear a lot of cotton dresses and had to buy skirts and shorts one size up from pre-preg clothes.  I also had to invest in baggy tanks since mine were tight before.  Now they just accentuate my muffin top.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Count me in too. wearing maternity dress pants right now. Friend loaned me some larger size pants and use some of my maternity shirts. Also breastfeeding  so the girls are huge compared to normal.
    Neil and Kristin 7-26-2008 image. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I could still be wearing maternity clothes, but I broke down and bought a few things a size up to wear to work instead.  My pre-pregnancy tops are too tight across the bust and pants - forget it!  :(  I have a feeling it will be forever to get the remaining poundage off!  boo.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I stay at home a lot so wear sweats and big tshirts most of the time. When I actually have to get dressed I have one pair of non-maternity jeans that I can squeeze into and a handful of shirts.  I actually sometimes wear my beband with those jeans to solve the muffin top problem.  Other than that, it's all maternity.

My sil just announced her pg (#2)  a few weeks ago. When I was pg, she gave me all of her maternity clothes, They are coming over on Sunday and I told her I'd give her her clothes + the maternity clothes I bought. Sadly, I think I will be keeping a few of my things.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Since my body has decided to retain 10 lbs (gained 30 total), I don't quite fit into my PP clothes. :( I still fit into the same size if I go shopping, but apparently sizes grew in the last year? I am not ready to invest in a whole new wardrobe, so I have a few new items but still wear my maternity pants sometimes with my PP support belt to keep them up. It sucks, but I'm so glad I'm not alone!!
  • Options
    I'm back to my pre-preg bottoms, but had to buy all new tops as I've grown two cup sizes.  Geez louise!!!
    Growing Baby Shelton: A Mommy Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    Can't wait to meet my baby boy!
  • Options
    My body is holding onto 13lbs (gained 38) and it doesn't seem to be budging even with a lot of work.  I had to buy new pants and dresses to go back to work....pants were 4 sizes bigger!!  I just keep thinking that it was totally worth it, and after baby #2 (whenever that is :)) I will be able to use the new bigger clothes again.  
  • Options
    Yup, I am still wearing maternity tops and pants!  Going to be a while before I can get rid of the belly DS left me.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"