2nd Trimester

Stomach not growing

I'm 13 weeks 2 days and I feel like my stomach not growing, meaning I think the baby has stop growing. I had one ultrasoud at 7 weeks 4 days and I haven't been to the  doctor since due to I didnt have insurance before I got married and now that I am married Its taking long to get me on my husband miltary insuance.

I listen my baby heartbeat sunday but I havent been able to find it since. I'm trying to stay postive and pray and not worry but its hard.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stomach not growing

• You're probably fine. It takes my OB/MW about 10-15 minutes to find my LO's heartbeat. At this point, your uterus is still in your pelvic girdle, so your stomach really shouldn't be growing too much. I didn't notice any growing of my stomach until around 16 weeks (in that my work pants did not fit me), and didn't pop until I was 17 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldn't worry!  I'm 15 weeks now and people still can't tell I'm pregnant. There is always surprise when I tell people! I, myself, notice a small bump, but it's not very big at all. I'm relatively thin, and eating healthy though. I think every Mother's baby belly is different!  I mean, the baby can be positioned differently, every Mom's tummy is a different size essentially, and everyone's time frames are just different.  I know what you mean about worrying about baby growing.  I sometime find myself having that worry, but always end up coming to my senses.  I really think you're fine!

Have you tried looking up free clinics? Call EVERY one in your area, explain your situation thoroughly (especially that your husband is in the military and it is taking some time to get on his insurance) and perhaps one will be able to give you a free prenatal visit with U/S. Can't hurt to try!  Good luck girl.

• Loading the player...
  • Everyone grows at different paces, try not to worry based on that alone. It took the nurse three different machines to find our little one's heartbeat last week so that also isn't too alarming. Easier said than done, I know.

Why is it taking a while to get on his insurance? It takes one trip to the Tricare office on base and you are covered.

• If she's trying to get on Tricare Prime there is a waiting list.
  • imagekurokai:
    If she's trying to get on Tricare Prime there is a waiting list.

Never heard of that before. When it comes down to it there is no way I would risk the possible health of my unborn child by not getting prenatal care than switching to Standard. And as soon as a dependent is enrolled in DEERS he/she is automatically on Standard. 

• You are only 13 weeks...

I'm pregnant with my second, thin, with a small torso and I'm just now really starting to look pregnant at 22 weeks. Give it time.

• imageLace&Josh:

imagekurokai:

Never heard of that before. When it comes down to it there is no way I would risk the possible health of my unborn child by not getting prenatal care than switching to Standard. And as soon as a dependent is enrolled in DEERS he/she is automatically on Standard. 

Active military you are automatically enrolled as soon as you are in DEERS

If they are trying to get Tricare Reserve then that only goes into effect the first of every month ... so if they got married in the middle of June it would not take affect until July 1 for example.

BabyName Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary PitaPata Dog tickers image
  • imagekateanddj:
    imageLace&Josh:

imagekurokai:

Active military you are automatically enrolled as soon as you are in DEERS

If they are trying to get Tricare Reserve then that only goes into effect the first of every month ... so if they got married in the middle of June it would not take affect until July 1 for example.

Being an AD family I always forget about Reserves and National Guard. Whoops. I hope the OP comes back because I think there are enough of us here that she could get some good advice or help if needed.

• At 13 weeks there's actually a better chance that your stomach is going to shrink - rather than grow.  Your bloat is going to go away before you actually start gaining any belly whatsoever.  As pps have pointed out - the baby is so far below your belly that the size of your belly at this point has nothing to do with the baby.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies. I found my little monster earlier he/she moved up from where I found the heartbeat sunday and the heartbeat was 159.

Its taking a while because everytime we go up to the tricare place their close for training,  just not open, or we are to busy to go up there since we live out of town. also my husband is active reserved and is on orders and for some reason they was having a problem with his orders but it should be fix tomorrow and I can have a appoinment next week Big Smile

• blu-eyedwife that is a very helpful explanation and makes perfect sense. That also makes me feel better. I do feel like some bloat from semester 1 is subsiding.

• Dont worry about your belly not growing, I'm 17wks and a couple days and still barely showing.
  • I wouldn't worry. I am close to 17 weeks and still barely showing. At 13 weeks, I was not showing at all.  When I went in for my last appt. it took my dr. awhile to find the babies heartbeat, mainly because he likes to move around so much (we heard static for a good 5 minutes or so then were able to pick up on the heart beat here and there.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"