TTC after 35
Options

Best Birthday Gift - BFP!!

Today, I got my bfp.  I will be 41 on the 4th of July and couldn't be more happy.  I am a lurker for the most part - so don't give up!! 

We are very excited and happy and feel that this could be it and we will have a March baby hopefully.

Good Luck ladies!  DON'T GIVE UP!!  We have our fingers crossed for March 7th, 2012.

Re: Best Birthday Gift - BFP!!

• Options
    Congrats! March 7th is my wedding anniversary :)
  • Options

wow...that is so exciting!  I am going to be 41 in July also....

I want to have faith...thanks for your post!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!  That IS the best b-day present ever!  I have to ask... Did you do anything to "help" yourself this cycle?  Supplements?  OPK's. etc?  Please share how you made it happen!  :)
    Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • Options
    Congratulations! May I ask how many cycles it took you to get this great gift? Best b-day gift for sure.
  • Options
    I will be 36 on the 4th of July and am hoping this will be the cycle. Should be ovulating around my birthday. Hopefully there will be some luck there. Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congrats!  Are you doing betas?  If so, wishing you lots of doubling dust.  I agree with the others - let us know what you did this cycle that worked!

Me: 41, DH 43 TTC #1 since 8/09 CP 10/09.
    3/11 Clomid-Ovidrel-IUI #1-progesterone= BFN.
    5/11 Femara-Bravelle-Ovidrel-IUI#2-progesterone=BFN.
    6/11 Femara-Ovidrel-IUI#3-progesterone=BFP!
    Beta #1 7/1: 39. Beta #2 7/5: 301 U/S 7/19 - saw HB!!
    EDD 3/12/12
    DD born 3/5/12
    Baby #2 Beta #1 12/16: 439.  Beta #2 12/18: 1240
    EDD 8/22/15

• Options

OK - we officially started TTC in September of 2010.  I wanted to start earlier, but we had both been laid off work, so while we had basic insurance, it didn't cover maternity.  So, after my DSH was hired in Sep of 10, we started TTC.  However, our financial situation was so dire, because the position was bad, but we were desparate for anything,  So, I believe our work/finances had me so stressed out, I would never have gotten pregnant.  Then, I was hired and went back to work in January - stress gone completely!  YEAH!!  In late Feb./ Early March, AF was overdue.  I took a pregnancy test and NADA.  Seven days later I took another pregnancy test and BFP.  However, I really didn't have much hope, because I got the BFP so late in the cycle.  I posted on here asking if anyone knew if you ovulated really late - around CD26, if the pregnancy was still viable.  Well, a week later, heavy AF/ or light miscarriage.  I was bummed, but not too badly because I didn't really think we had a chance.  Since then I have just been trying to relax and take the approach if it happens, it happens.  I completely understand everyone who uses IUI, IVF, Clomid, etc., it is just not for us.  If I was 30, I would probably have a different attitude about it.   I really did want another baby, but I thought at my age, and the fact we already have a wonderful son, we wouldn't use assistance.

So, now in early June/late May, I was reading my friend's book, "Taking Charge of your Fertility - The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, and Pregnancy Achievment".  The book talked about a woman's cycle and how on the peak day of fertility - your cervix fluid should be stretchy (pictures included).  Well, the day I ovulated, I felt it and then at work later that day, I do what I never do and checked my fluid and it was EXACTLY like it was described and shown in pictures in the book.  So, not leaving anything to chance, I called my husband and said we both need to leave work early and have some fun - NOW!  So we met at the house around 4:00.  I felt the ovulation at around 7:30am so - this was 8.5 hours - around the prime time for fertilization. The book said between 6-12 hours, and I wanted to make sure we were in that window.  I am lucky that I happend to feel it - it was a very sharp pang in my left side.

And, now two weeks later on the dot - BFP.  I am very optimisitc, but I try to temper my excitement that I am 41, so I have a bigger chance of miscarriage if something was wrong with the egg.  I am just praying this is it, because I think if it doesn't work out, we will officially stop trying.

• Options
    Yayyyyy!!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story!
    ttc since 2/2010 ~
    me (36): Hypothyroid (on Levothroid), low vit. d, borderline/high fsh (day 3: between 7-10) (day 10: 13 during CCCT), AFC: 14
    dh (31): awesome (minus one sample with agglutination)
    Diagnosis:possible DOR and/or unexplained + elevated NK cells + MTHFR (C677T - one copy)

MAY 2011 - FEB 2012 - 3 injectable IUI's with numerous cancellations due to high TSH levels
    MAY 2012 - onto IVF/ICSI (Antagonist Protocol) on BCP and Folgard (3 week delay - cyst - boooo) 5/21 start stims 5/30 ER 11R 8M 3F 6/2 3DT of 3 6/12 Beta #1 83 | 6/14 Beta #2 196 | 6/21 Beta #3 3818 | 6/28 Beta #4 22,213 | 7/2 1st U/S - 2 on board! 8/24 CVS reveals that we have a boy AND a girl on board!

Healthy baby boy and girl born in February, 2013 at 38 weeks and 2 days!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.  It gives me a lot of hope!  At 39, I go back and forth with myself--Do I look into seeing an RE?  Do I go the Infertility route?  But your story makes me think I am doing the right thing.  Thanks.  :)
    Me: 40 Dh: 41, TTC since August 2009, began Acupuncture and Herbs Sept 2011, began Temping and Charting Nov 2011. image
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!  I got my BFP a few days after my birthday, and, yep, it's the very best birthday gift I've ever received.  H&H 9 months to you.
  • Options
    This is great to hear!!!  Much congrats to you!!  And thanks for sharing your story - - I, too, am trying naturally at age 40!  MAy your good fortune rub off on all of us!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That is awesome! That would have been my DD if the IUI had worked. I am feeling pretty down but reading about other people getting pregnant brings a smile to my face. Congrats!!
  • Options
    Congrats and thanks for sharing your story.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!
  • Options

congrats and what a great birthday gift!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options

Congrats!!!  I'm holding out for March 8th...that's my birthday!

• Options
    Wooohoooo!!!! Very exciting!!! Congratulations!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mkwtmkwt member
    That is awesome, CONGRATS , and Happy Birthday too!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations!

• Options

I want to thank everyone for you well wishes!  I pray for BFP for everyone!!

Thanks all!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"