September 2011 Moms
Options

I'm "screwing up" my moms plans

Sorry no paragraphs, I'm on my phone... The backstory..I need to have a rcs. My OB told me she wanted it to be no later than 39 weeks because I went into labor with DS a week early and she wants me to avoid labor at all costs. On September 10th I will be 28w6d. I want LO to cook as long as possible, and kind of fell in love with the date. I don't have the date set in stone yet, it will be scheduled in 2 weeks. Anyway, this past Sunday I went with my mom to a baby shower. While talking about baby stuff with everyone I mention the cool 9/10/11 birthday that LO will most likely have. My mom whips around and tells me that I can't have the baby that weekend. That her and her friends are going camping then, already paid for the campsite, and that I was screwing up her plans. Her one friend(who is always a complete b*tch and has no kids of her own) then tells me about how selfish I'm being and so on. My mom told me that if I really was set on that date that she would figure something out, with a sigh and a roll of her eyes. I feel really bad now and don't know what to do.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm "screwing up" my moms plans

• Options
    your mom needs to get over it.  that's her mistake for scheduling the trip.  what if you weren't have a c/s and went into labor that weekend anyways?  shame on her.
  • Options
    imageTheFannins729:
    your mom needs to get over it.  that's her mistake for scheduling the trip.  what if you weren't have a c/s and went into labor that weekend anyways?  shame on her.
    Yes, she is being ridiculous. I am hoping for a VBAC, but if things don't go well I will be having a RCS. My Mom declined a wedding in mid September on the off chance that I go into labor. Don't feel bad, your Mom is being selfish.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTheFannins729:
    I was kind of thinking the same thing. I just wasn't sure if I was being the irrational pregnant daughter, because that's how it made me feel.
  • Options

imageAmandaPaige6410:
    imageTheFannins729:
    I was kind of thinking the same thing. I just wasn't sure if I was being the irrational pregnant daughter, because that's how it made me feel.

no, and quite frankly, the health and you and baby and having a c/s during the time that your dr suggests is a million times more important than a camping trip.  I hope she comes around to seeing the bigger picture here.

• Options
    You're not being irrational.  I'd tell her if her camping trip is so important that she needs to make you feel guilty over it, then she should go. 
  • Options
    wow! "you're" being selfish?? That's crazy. I would completely not consider their plans at all
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. It just really sucks. She has always had a way to make me feel guilty or wrong about things, and I guess this is just another example. We had a strained relationship up until about a year ago when we hashed out some problems. Things are a lot better now, but I feel like this is where the slippery slope starts. I haven't told DH about this yet because I know he will flip out on her and I don't want the drama. However the c/s isn't even scheduled yet, and my dr might not agree to that specific date anyway. I just had to get it out there because it's been bugging me more each day.
  • Options

Your mom is being ridiculous. No question about it. I asked my mom not to go to a Bar Mitzvah that weekend, knowing that I would likely have my RCS during the week leading up to 9/10/11, and she said no problem (she also will be the one to watch my DS at that time). FWIW, 9/10/11 is a Saturday, not sure if your OB will schedule you for a Saturday. 

• Options
    imageTheFannins729:

imageAmandaPaige6410:
    imageTheFannins729:

no, and quite frankly, the health and you and baby and having a c/s during the time that your dr suggests is a million times more important than a camping trip.  I hope she comes around to seeing the bigger picture here.

Fanny said it best, both times. Your mom is acting like a spoiled brat. You and the health of the baby should be more important to her than a camping trip with friends that she can reschedule or do another time. She should get over herself.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Tell your mom to go on her trip and have a great time. You don't need her there, you'll have your husband. See how she likes feeling not needed/wanted. I'm sure she'll feel plenty guilty, I'm a big fan of turning guilt trips around on people and giving them a taste of their own medicine.
  • Options
    With it being so close to your due date, I'm surprised she agreed to go on a camping trip! 
  • Options
    I agree with pp in regards to your mother.. as a side note I am in love with the 9/10/11 date and would kill for ds to come then. Im due the 14th and DD was three weeks early so I really doubt hell stay in that long but if I do make it to 39 weeks ill beg for an induction then.. dh thinks im silly but its cool to me.. im lame like that. DD is 5-5-10 which I think is cool since 5+5=10 so.. only fair :)

good luck and tell your mom to stop being so selfish.. its your baby you don't need to work around her..
  • Options

imageCNAMamaof2:
    Tell your mom to go on her trip and have a great time. You don't need her there, you'll have your husband. See how she likes feeling not needed/wanted. I'm sure she'll feel plenty guilty, I'm a big fan of turning guilt trips around on people and giving them a taste of their own medicine.

I couldn't have said it better myself.  If camping is more important than the health of her daughter and grandchild then she can go camping and miss everything.  My sister is hoping I go early so she can go on a trip the weekend after my due date (not scheduled).  But she's not going to buy a ticket unless I've already had the baby. 

I think the stupidest thing about this is that campsites are not expensive.  So you already paid for it, so what, you're out 30 bucks.  BFD!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

WTF ?!?!?!?!?  I love how other people (especially our own mothers) can say the most special things to us at just the right moments....holy crap.....

'nuff said

• Options
    Seriously?  You're Mom needs to grow up a little bit and get her priorities in check. And some new friends to boot!  I think that's a fun date (wish I could use it) and you should totally go for it!  Keep the people around you that are as excited as you are and that's all you need. 
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Options
    Why would your mom even schedule a trip so close to your EDD if it is so important to be around?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagedianamcu:
    With it being so close to your due date, I'm surprised she agreed to go on a camping trip! 

I was thinking the same thing. And as for your mom's friend. I would tell her to shove it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"