Babies on the Brain

The benefit of your dog having a FB page

One of my best friends is going through a divorce. It's been getting nasty, and they live with two kids in a small NYC apartment. I'm FB friends (settings limited for what they can see) with both kids, 7th grade & 9th grade. The youngest daughter just posted how crappy her life is and how much she hates her parents, etc. She'll usually talk to me, but today she wants to talk to Riley. 

I know that she knows Riley is me, but I think it allows her to say more, when she imagines she's talking to my dog. It seems to help her so much when the shiit hits the fan at home.  Breaks my heart a little. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The benefit of your dog having a FB page

• Sad That's sad and very sweet. I'm glad she can talk to "Riley" on FB
  • imagecaffinated_tulip:
    Sad That's sad and very sweet. I'm glad she can talk to "Riley" on FB

Yes Poor thing. Now I feel mean - I added my niece to FB when she requested but blocked her from almost everything except my pictures. She could probably use a good listener the way this young girl does.

• Loading the player...
  • And I was going to mock you a little for your dog having a FB page. This breaks my heart. Riley is great to be there for her.

Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • imageDee1028:

And I was going to mock you a little for your dog having a FB page. This breaks my heart. Riley is great to be there for her.

Oh you can totally mock me! The FB page came to be when I was completely high on Vicodan right after my surgery, was bed bound and bored.

I sort of keep it going because of this. These kids are seriously in love with Riley, and if you say their names around Riley he will tear the house apart looking for them. It's a lot of love.

I know they use puppets and stuff in therapy, so I'm guessing it's kind of the same thing, that Riley is a safe 'person' for her to talk to. What gets said between us stays between us, and I would only tell their mom about something I find concerning - drugs, etc. Riley mostly likes to listen and tell her we'll go to the park when we get back and eat ice cream. 

• That makes me sad for their kids.  It's true though, it is easy to talk to a dog.  They don't tell anyone what you've said, and are good listeners.  It feels good spilling your guts to a dog.  I'm glad she has that outlet, even though it is you.

Edit: I'm guessing she chats with Riley/you on fb chat.  It would be impressive if Riley could type.   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"