2nd Trimester

Vomiting starts week 14? Anyone?

I just threw up for the first time. I had mild nausea throughout the pregnancy, but unlike what I read, my nausea started around 11 weeks and has progressed. Today my nausea was so bad, I HAD to throw up. Anyone experienced this so late?

Re: Vomiting starts week 14? Anyone?

• Mine started at 7 weeks, but was still going as strong as ever at exactly 14 weeks. Now it is finally starting to ease up but that may be because I'm wearing Sea Bands 24/7.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I on ly had about 2 weeks of nausea and they were around 15 weeks..

Baby #1: m/c at 5 weeks (2011)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby #3: missed m/c found at 11.5 weeks (2013)
    Baby #4: missed m/c at 10 weeks (2013)
    Baby #5: m/c at 6 weeks (2014)
    Baby #6: Saw a heartbeat at 7w, baby stopped growing at 7w1d, found at 8w u/s : d&c  (2014)

Hoping for my lucky #7 (one last try!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Me.  My m/s started at 13 weeks and still persists.  The 2nd tri has been much, much, much harder for me than the 1st.
    ~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• I started getting nauseous and throwing up at 11 weeks.

I'm now 17 weeks and have had two good days in a row and today is on track to be good too - as in no throwing up.

I was expecting the 2nd trimester bliss as I read about in all the  pregnancy books.  I'm one of the few that would gladly go back and repeat my 1st trimester to escape the wrath of the 2nd.

For what it's worth, my doctor was unconcerned...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Augh, yes!  I started feeling very sick and throwing up around 13 weeks.  It hasn't let up.  Some days are better than the other but it's still lingering. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes. With both my boys I started throwing up at 14 weeks and it didn't stop till 38 weeks. It sucked and it would come on suddenly. I had to stop eating out because I could get sick so quickly. I'm hoping it doesn't start with this pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wow thanks everyone for the stories. I guess that whole thing about 2nd trimester bliss and nausea slowing down is a generalization. Here's hoping that those of us still throwing up have permanent relief soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"