May 2011 Moms

Air Travel with LO...anyone?

Anyone taken their LO on a plane flight yet?  DH and I are traveling to Maine with LO (she will be 5 1/2 weeks old) next week.  I just got back from our pediatrician and she gave me the green light for the trip even though she has not had her shots.  DH and I both have had the pertussis vaccine,so the doc just stated that I shouldn't let any strangers (or anyone who is sick, coughing, etc...) touch her and wash our hands constantly and she should be just fine.  I am still pretty nervous...

If you have done any air travel with LO please give me ANY tips. I plan on having her in the ERGO sling the whole time during flight and nursing her a ton.  I am also going to Lysol wipe down the plan seats, armrests, etc...(whew!).  Yes, I am a neurotic new mommy....

Re: Air Travel with LO...anyone?

• Check your airline's policies for babies; you may not be allowed to leave baby in the carrier for takeoff and landing.

This magazine has a whole article about travelling w/ baby:

https://viewer.zmags.com/publication/f80cf66f#/f80cf66f/1

• no worries on not having baby in ergo during takeoff and landing.  I had DD1 in the egro and stood in the back of airplane bouncing up and down while passengers loaded, then made my way back to my seat.  I still had the lower portion of ergo strapped on and took upper off so that DD1 was not technically strapped in.  Also, bring a hooter hider, keeps peoples sneezes off her, and a boppy too if it is a long flight.  That ergo can get hot!  Also - bring a change of clothes for you as well in case there is a blowout onto you or puke.  I also just changed DD1 on the table in front of me, rather then bathroom (after a scary incident with turbulence and baby)....so bring disposable mats for that.  good luck!  We fly to Bermuda from Seattle in 8 weeks....nervous about that long trek too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I took first DD to new york for christmas at roughly 5 weeks old...
    it was also my first time flying on a plane as well so I was OVERLY nervous. I just nursed during take off and landing and let her have her paci during the flight.
    Sounds like you have everything you need (and are as prepared as possible).
    It's a little nerve wracking simply because your LO is so small, but things will be fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"