Attachment Parenting

Anyone see a naturopath/homeopath?

We are at the END of our rope, dealing with Isaac's breathing issues - possibly asthma, no real diagnosis.  With 2 separate hospital stays in the past 2 weeks, we are exhausted and ready to try anything.

Do you see/have you seen a naturopath or homeopath?  Did it help you/LO?  Would they be able to treat this kind of thing?  How would I find one?  Is it expensive?  I'm pretty new to this kind of thing - what exactly do they do?

Thanks for your help!

Mom to 4 boys under age 6 Evan, Darren, Liam & Isaac

Re: Anyone see a naturopath/homeopath?

• We took DD to a consultation at homeopath who started out as a MD for her constant ear infections. Since the issues you are dealing with sound serious I would try to find a practitioner with a medical background. Our's did not accept insurance and it was expensive but I don't know how that works in Canada. Had we kept going I could have tried to provess the claims through our insurance company. In the end, we didn't click with the homeopath/MD so it wasn't worth it to us.

I hope you guys get some answers and your lo gets well soon. I'm so sorry you are dealing with all of this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Also, are there any asthma clinics in your area? I know we have a few down here but perhaps that is because we are close to L.A. where the air pollution is horrendous and there are so many people and children suffering from asthma. I would, in conjuction with seeking alternative providers if you want to try that, continue looking for someone that specializes in asthma.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We took DS1 to a homeopathic doctor when he was 3 for frequent ear infections.  We had a hard time buying in to the stuff he was doing and we half-heartedly gave the drops he recommended for a couple months and didn't see any noticeable improvement.  We decided it was all mumbo jumbo.

DS2 started with the EI very early CONSTANTLY and we decided we had no choice but to get ear tubes.  Since the waiting list was 2 months, we decided to do whatever we could in the meantime.  I stumbled on a homeopathic doctor that does Nutrition Response Testing (not sure if that was what the other doctor we saw years ago was trying to do) and found out DS2 had an fungal ei (which is why the antibiotics he took for a month did nothing) and heavy metals in his system.  He has been taking drops (cilantro for the metal detox and antifungal) for a month and, amazingly (for a kid never without ear fluid/infection) he is well. We also did chiropractic adjustments.  We noticed improvement in his sleeping within about a week (thank God).  Took him to the pedi last week and his ears look "beautiful".  We were able to cancel the ear tube surgery.

I have another story about my 5 year old, but this is getting too long already.  Bottom line is we have avoided surgery for both my 1 year old and 5 year old by simple natural supplements.  I don't know if the breathing issues can be helped, possibly.  I would give it a try.  It is pretty expensive- not more than a nurse or MD, but not covered by insurance.  Our NRT initial session was over $100 and follow up visits are around $50.  It is hard to explain what they do.  It revolves around testing neurological reflexes by contacting a specific reflex area with one hand and testing the muscle in an extended arm.  It is completely non-invasive. 

Fortunate to be a SAHM to my 3 musketeers (5/2006, 5/2010 & 12/2011). Soy & dairy free for the 3rd and final time. Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • My Rolfer is also a homeopath (and trained MD). She has prescribed things for me for chronic issues like tendonitis/carpal tunnel that traditional medicine did nothing for. I would definitely consult her if DD had a health issue that was not resolved by our pedi. My insurance covers 80 percent of non-traditional treatments (rolfing, accupuncture, etc) once I meet our deductible for the year. Yes, it's expensive otherwise, but I got great results so it was worth it. I found my Rolfer the same way I found my doula- by asking hippie-crunchy-type friends and my yoga teachers..
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"