Multiples
Options

Same Sex twin mamas

Do your kids wear two different sized clothes?  If so, do you find the smaller one consistently getting "hand me downs' while the bigger one always gets the new clothes?

I feel really really bad for Harry.  He's a peanut.  Roomy in most 6-12s and can still squeeze his skinny little tushie into a 3-6.  Alex, on the other hand, is almost thru with his 6-12s and probably should be moving on the 12-18s soon (so he's "true to size")  I'm finding that Harry is wearing a lot of the same old clothes while Alex is getting all the new stuff.  Oh yeah, they are also in two different sized diapers too.

Thoughts?

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Same Sex twin mamas

• Options

DS1 is my peanut, and since he drools all over everything these days, I doubt he cares one tiny bit what he's wearing. Big Smile

Although I find it interesting that I'm dressing them identical more.  I never purchase idental things, but I always purchase the same set of onesies I like from Carters in the next size up.  Now that DS2 wears 9-12 and DS1 still wears 6-9, I have matching shirts that I put them in all the time.  Who knew I'd be a matchy-matchy mom?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Its similar to when you are a 2nd child of the same gender.  I got A LOT of my sisters clothes when she would outgrow it.

I didnt mind for some things.  My mom would let me pick what I wanted to keep, buy new what else I needed and then she would yard sale what I didnt want.   

While they are babies I would use it as a way to save money and not worry about it.  Buy him new nicer outfits for going out or special occasions.  The hand me downs can be used as everyday clothes or play clothes. 

EDIT:  Forgot to mention.  My girls are same sex but ALWAYS withing 2oz of each other.  They were same at birth and still at 5yrs old.  Always within 1/4 of an inch as well.   

1st Day of Kindergarten & 1st Grade 08.29.11

Landon * Kaydance * Kennedy
    5/13/05 ******5/24/06

* Baby is due July 24 2012 * Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    okay at first I thought you were asking for same sex couples who have twins to respond and I thought to myself, this question makes no sense. I clearly haven't had enough coffee today...
  • Options
    Not really. I got so many used clothing items that they both wear. If I do buy new, I will buy in both sizes. Is it smart? Probably not. But I don't buy that many new clothes so I figure its not a big deal. Part of it is that we have sooooo many items that they both can't possibly wear them all. Abby has had clothes that Lydie never wore because by the time we decide to use it, she's too big. It has basically evened out because my MIL and SIL and MoM group have kept us well stocked in several sizes.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    kegkeg member
    My DDs are kind of like that and have generally been two different sizes,  However, most of the clothes I've gotten for them are hand me downs or from consignment stores/sales so if one is getting hand me downs from the other, it really doesn't bother me much. :-)  Also, as they've gotten older, I've figured out certain clothes fit each of their body types better.  For example my smaller DD seems to do better in knit pants and while my larger DD does fine in "regular" pants.  Now they generally pick their own clothes and have different styles so there isn't quite as much handing down.  Once they are bigger, it doesn't make quite as big a difference either.  For example, shirts are pretty interchangeable (although I still have a few 18month ones in the drawer that only one can wear) and pants are getting better too.  We still have some things that only one or the other can wear, but it works.  Because they do pick their own pajamas, I did take out some of the 18month ones that only one DD could wear just because it made life less complicated. :-) 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Options
    So far my boys have been in the same sized clothing.  One is long and skinny and the other short and pudgy.  Most of their clothes are hand-me-downs since my friends passed on loads of clothes to us.  
  • Options
    jbl126jbl126 member
    My girls are older but they wear two different size tops.  Bottoms are the same.  And I am a crazy shopper so whenever I buy something for one, I buy something for the other. 
  • Options
    The employees at the Carter Outlet Store laught at me. I come in and buy 1 of each size (ie NB and 3). A few weeks go by and I will come back and buy a 6. As ella out grows her NB I move her up and then put Sophia in the new. I only feel bad when they start to get dingy from having to wash it so many times.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Ours wear the same size and I almost always have them match so I'd buy 2 of the same outfit anyway and when the bigger one outgrew I'd go buy new for the bigger and smaller. 
  • Options

imagenikinikinine:
    okay at first I thought you were asking for same sex couples who have twins to respond and I thought to myself, this question makes no sense. I clearly haven't had enough coffee today...

Me too! When I saw the title, I wondered what the question was going to be and why Aussie's Mom was the last reply.

As a serious answer. My boys are in the same clothes but James can wear them a little longer. Shoes they have different size feet and I am ecstatic about it because we have tons of already hand me down Stride Rite shoes that both boys will be able to wear.   

• Options
    Luckily, there are clothes that the bigger baby has outgrown before I've used them, so little baby does get his own "new" clothes. That said, all of our clothes are hand-me-downs from friends/twins club clothing swap anyway...
    IVF w/ ICSI #2 - fraternal twins born December 2010 at 36 weeks.
  • Options

DD1 is usually 2-2.5lbs bigger and I usually just buy them the same size and DD2's stuff will be slightly big, that way she can grow into and it will last longer, plus with fmaily buying them stuff it's a PIA to tell them to buy 2 different sizes. 

I do the same thing with diapers, 2 lbs is not a big enough difference to have them in two different diaper sizes

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    I've bought 4 outfits total for our boys, and 2 were from Once Upon a Child, so they were worn prior to buying them. So both of my boys are wearing hand-me-downs (most of which come from one of my mom's co-workers whose daughter is done having kids and is giving me all her little boys clothes as he outgrows them). So I see no problems with hand-me-downs, even if one boy is getting new stuff. Right now, they probably don't understand the concept anyway.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Yes and no.  When I buy outfits that are coordinating, I'll get them in two different sizes.  But, Caden usually ends up getting Delaney's larger size eventually.  For winter, I mostly buy individual outfits which means Caden has  alot of hand me downs.  I used to feel bad about it, but they both get plenty of new clothes that it all evens out.  

I'm always bummed when I sell my stuff because I have a lot of matching/coordinating cute outfits, but people don't know about it since they're on two different racks at our multiples sale.

• Options

Kinda as LD says.. I saved a lot of Kai's stuff from a baby and both girls wear those. 

I do also buy some new stuff and get gifts. In my opinion if you put hand me downs on your little ones instead of buying new all the time you save that money for new toys/gear etc that they probably like better then brand new clothes anyways!

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"