Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Confessions

I lost power this morning, we finally got it back. I'm grateful though because we definately needed some rain.

Flame free sharing time!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Confessions

• I am going to the county fair today and will indulge, without guilt, in my first deep fried Oreo or Twinkie.
    BFP 1: 3/25/11 -- m/c: 4/21/11 @ 9w 2d

imageimage

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Daisypath Wedding tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Semper Fi! - A proud female Marine

• I ordered three books (Mere Christianity-C.S. Lewis, Grieving the Child I Never Knew, Silent Grief: Miscarriage) from Amazon.com on Monday and ordered them 2nd day air so I could have them by tomorrow when we leave for vacation. 

I plan to read them and hopefully rejuvenate over my long holiday weekend.  Leaving tomorrow after work for up north and then coming home on Wednesday. I can't WAIT!!  Hopefully I get some rest and relaxation.

BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm just feeling a bit sad today. I've been way too emotional this week. Maybe it means AF is on her way. I hope so. I miss my baby...
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagejsunflower:
    I'm just feeling a bit sad today. I've been way too emotional this week. Maybe it means AF is on her way. I hope so. I miss my baby...

Praying for you today!!  I hope AF comes for you to get back on track and somewhat back to normal again.

BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • imagePatientlyWaiting10:

imagejsunflower:
    I'm just feeling a bit sad today. I've been way too emotional this week. Maybe it means AF is on her way. I hope so. I miss my baby...

Praying for you today!!  I hope AF comes for you to get back on track and somewhat back to normal again.

ThanksRight Hug That means a lot.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I went out yesterday for the first time by myself after my appointment.  I went to the farmstand, which has more than just fruits and veggies.  I ended up also with homemade cookie dough, portuguese sweet bread, and lemon cookies. Oops.
    Anniversary Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

~Started TTC 2/09. BFP #1 11/09. EDD 8/7/10. DS born 8/7/10.~
    ~Surprise BFP #2 5/11 while still BF'ing. Natural M/C @ 7w3d.~
    ~BFP #3 8/11. EDD 4/24/12. Heavy bleeding episodes from a lost twin. DD born 4/14/12.~
    ~Started TTC 2/13. BFP #4 3/13. EDD 11/8/13. Hoping for smooth sailing!~
  • I ate half a loaf of cinnamon bread for breakfast:(
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I'm depressed. I'm not dwelling on the things that happened or that could have been at the moment, but I've lost motivation to do anything but sit and stare off into space. I called a clinic that has pregnancy loss counseling, and found out that they do not take insurance, and counseling is based on household income putting me at the highest rate possible. Forget that! I'm now on the fence on whether or not to seek out a generic psychologist that takes insurance. It took me long enough to make that last call...
    EDD 9/28/2011, lost our little girl (pre-e/iugr) on 6/13/11 @24w5d
    EDD 3/12/2013, natural miscarriage on 7/18/12 @6w2d
    EDD 8/01/2013, D&C scheduled for 12/31/12 @9w4d
  • imageDancingWarriorUSMC:
    I am going to the county fair today and will indulge, without guilt, in my first deep fried Oreo or Twinkie.

Ummmm YUM!!!

I've never tried a deep fried oreo or twinkie. Enjoy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageStephieCR:

imageDancingWarriorUSMC:
    I am going to the county fair today and will indulge, without guilt, in my first deep fried Oreo or Twinkie.

Ummmm YUM!!!

I've never tried a deep fried oreo or twinkie. Enjoy!

I am quite] excited for it! 

imageimage

• imageHBaylies:
    I went out yesterday for the first time by myself after my appointment.  I went to the farmstand, which has more than just fruits and veggies.  I ended up also with homemade cookie dough, portuguese sweet bread, and lemon cookies. Oops.

Yum yum yum! I don't know about you, but I am a guilty partaker in eating cookie dough. :P 

imageimage

• imagePatientlyWaiting10:

I ordered three books (Mere Christianity-C.S. Lewis, Grieving the Child I Never Knew, Silent Grief: Miscarriage) from Amazon.com on Monday and ordered them 2nd day air so I could have them by tomorrow when we leave for vacation. 

I plan to read them and hopefully rejuvenate over my long holiday weekend.  Leaving tomorrow after work for up north and then coming home on Wednesday. I can't WAIT!!  Hopefully I get some rest and relaxation.

I hope you enjoy them and have a wonderful vacation!

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Sorry for triple post!

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• See above...

• imagenidawi6:
    I think I'm depressed. I'm not dwelling on the things that happened or that could have been at the moment, but I've lost motivation to do anything but sit and stare off into space. I called a clinic that has pregnancy loss counseling, and found out that they do not take insurance, and counseling is based on household income putting me at the highest rate possible. Forget that! I'm now on the fence on whether or not to seek out a generic psychologist that takes insurance. It took me long enough to make that last call...

There may be some free support groups in your area, ideas to try:

1.  Faces of Loss (Google it, there may be a group in your area)

2.  Just google for prenatal loss with your city and state name

3.  Call the hospital and ask them (I would ask for the L&D floor or GYN floor, the main people won't know)

4.  Most churches have a pastor that will do counseling for free to anyone

5.  Your local mental health association probably has free support groups for a variety of things, including grief

6.  Hospice has grief counseling that is free

7.  Some churches have grief support groups, one here has one called Griefshare

I know you had a late loss, but don't remember exactly when.  I can say that I was feeling very depressed 4-7 weeks after the loss of my daughter (before that was mostly shock still, though very weepy and slept a lot).  It is still there, but comes and goes more....and is there for shorter times when it comes and there are longer "good" times than before.  Be patient, it is a long road and grief is a process.  I think talking to someone could really help you so I hope you will seek that out if you feel like you need it.  I wish you the best...and of course am always here too!

Hugs, 

Jenn

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"