Georgia Babies

T&P for friend's son, please

I have a close friend who has a 17 month old son.  He's always been in excellent health since birth with the occasional cold or ear infection.  For the past four days he's had a very high fever that will not lower with Tylenol or Motrin.  His doctor sent him to the ER yesterday and they transferred him to their local children's hospital (they live in D.C.).  They did bloodwork and his white blood cell count is extremely low.  At noon today, he is having a bone marrow biopsy to see if he possibly has leukemia.  I'm just totally shocked.  Please keep baby Ian in your t&p.  His mom is also 13 weeks pregnant.  She's also considered high risk (has a clotting disorder; she has to give herself shots everyday while pregnant) so please keep her in your t&p, too.  Thanks ladies!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: T&P for friend's son, please

• :o( That family will be in my prayers! Can't imagine what they are going through.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Sending lots of t&p their way.  I hope they get good news today.
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, my family is all too familiar w/ leukemia.  I hate to hear this diagnosis for anyone but especially a child :-(  It is completely unfair.  Praying that is NOT what this is and he makes a speedy recovery.

• Sending thoughts & prayers!  I so hope it's not leukemia.  All cancer sucks, but childhood cancer really sucks!
  • KerrinKerrin member
    You got it.  I can't even imagine.
  • So scary and sad.

T&Ps with the family.

It actually may be a blessing she is pregnant.  The chances of the cord blood matching her son is high and he may benefit from it.

• I should add....I use to volunteer with LLS.  Childhood leukemia is VERY curable.  Although no one wants someone to get this, especially a child, the cure rate is almost 90%.  If a child HAD to have cancer, Leukemia is the best one to have. Just wanted to add a positive note (well...not positive but you know what I mean). :) 
  • So scary for your friend's family.  They will be in my thoughts and prayers today.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That poor family! Sending T&P their way.
    Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • The biopsy went well, but they won't know any results until tomorrow.  Thank you all for your t &p.
  • Update:  I actually just heard from my friend and Ian does not have leukemia. Praise God!  They are still running more tests to try to pinpoint what's going on with him, though, but thankfully it's not leukemia. 
  • K&P414K&P414 member

imagemrs.holbird:
    Update:  I actually just heard from my friend and Ian does not have leukemia. Praise God!  They are still running more tests to try to pinpoint what's going on with him, though, but thankfully it's not leukemia. 

That is great news!  I cannot imagine how scary it is to have to wait for those results to come in.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"