Multiples
Options

Vent: MIL

I just really need to get this off of my chest because it is really bugging me.

I asked MIL a few weeks ago if she could watch V today while we take S to the Dr (for his helmet). MIL was more than happy to accept but like always made sure to check her calendar. Luckily she was free! MIL doesn't work but my SILs utilize her a lot. Granted I have only have asked her for help to watch the boys on three different occasions (2 Dr visits and one visit to the County to pick up their birth certificates). 

Yesterday SIL calls and invites me to the pool. Her boys are a ruckus and I wasn't sure that I could handle my boys by myself at the pool. I declined the invitation. Anyways, MIL goes to the pool and has to jump in fully clothed to rescue my 3 yr old nephew from drowning. A ruckus of the day! But here is the kicker...she goes on to say that everyone wants to go to the pool today and if she can take V. Ummm....no! Am I being paranoid? I just don't feel comfortable with my kids going to the pool without me. Plus, there will be 4 kids without including V.  I am just annoyed how her top priority became going to the pool bc that is what her daughters want to do.  When I told DH this he just states that he will tell his Mom that we will take both kids to the Dr appt. 

Advice? Thanks for reading! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vent: MIL

• Options
    First, good for your H for stepping up!  With the younger kids, I really think you need a 1 to 1 ratio of adult/child.  No you aren't being paranoid, you are being a mom!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My Pedi hates pools and scared the crap out of me at their 6 month appt by talking about baby drownings. So, I am with Jess, there needs to be a lot of adult supervision and a calm envirnoment and that doesnt sound like it will be at the pool.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Absolutely not.  There's no way that I would ever agree to that.  She said she would watch your kid, it's not her job but she did make a commitment. 
  • Options

I am super paranoid and never let anyone go anywhere with my babies. I let them go with my parents once to church, but other than that I have never let anyone take them anywhere.

DH is terrified of water/swimming because through his childhood he almost drowned on three seperate occations from people trying to teach him how to swim by throwing him into the water. Once was by his drunk dad. I would never let anyone take my babies to any water without me period. DH would also never allow that. I would just take them both to the doctors office if your MIL refuses to watch him even though that would be a jerk move since she already agreed.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 008
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"