Special Needs

AW: New sig pic of Miles

I haven't updated in a while, but Miles is doing so well. He's walking now that he's gotten his Sure Steps ankle braces and into EVERYTHING.

We are no longer thickening his liquids after he passed his swallow study, though he is scheduled to get new ear tubes on July 8 after a bunch of fluid was found in his ears during his two-year hearing test. ENT figures the old ones either fell out or are blocked up and need to be replaced.

He babbles up a storm and has a few words. We are hoping draining this excess fluid from his ears will only further his vocabulary and help with enunciation. :) 

Nora Judith 7/2/06 Miles Chauncey 4/20/09 born with Trisomy 21 - Down syndrome

Re: AW: New sig pic of Miles

• Cute!

Katherine Proud Mommy and Foster Mommy
  • Loading the player...
  • Awww! Great pics! :)

Glad to hear he is walking and no longer needs thickener. That is fabulous!

Thanks for keeping us posted. Your kiddos are adorable! 

• He is precious!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yay! He is so cute and your daughter looks so grown up in that picture! That is great about the thickner, I was so glad to cut that out of diet!!

On a seperate note, how hard was it to get his sure steps? We are having trouble with our insurance company. They will approve them, but can't tell us who to use to have them fitted for her!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagesoontobeahigh:

Yay! He is so cute and your daughter looks so grown up in that picture! That is great about the thickner, I was so glad to cut that out of diet!!

On a seperate note, how hard was it to get his sure steps? We are having trouble with our insurance company. They will approve them, but can't tell us who to use to have them fitted for her!

Hmmm. I had the exact opposite problem. Insurance wouldn't pay for them unless we used a certain billing code. It was ridiculous. Didn't have a problem with finding someone to fit them for him....so they won't tell you a list of participating providers?? That seems rather asinine, but I suppose it IS the health insurance industry.

Nora Judith 7/2/06 Miles Chauncey 4/20/09 born with Trisomy 21 - Down syndrome
  • imagecooker71:
    imagesoontobeahigh:

Yay! He is so cute and your daughter looks so grown up in that picture! That is great about the thickner, I was so glad to cut that out of diet!!

Hmmm. I had the exact opposite problem. Insurance wouldn't pay for them unless we used a certain billing code. It was ridiculous. Didn't have a problem with finding someone to fit them for him....so they won't tell you a list of participating providers?? That seems rather asinine, but I suppose it IS the health insurance industry.

They can't figure out who is a provider. Everytime I have called them, they give me a different name and number to call and each time that person doesn't do SMO's or even know what they are. The person our PT told me about isn't contracted with Cigna and the other 2 names she gave me aren't either. I guess its different b/c our state program is mostly used by babies on Medicaid and so the process is different. Its very frustrating!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • SO cute!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • He looks sooo good! J just took his first steps a few weeks ago so hopefully he'll catch up to your running Miles soon :)
    image Aiden Jude is on his way! Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"