Bedrest depression — The Bump
High-Risk Pregnancy

Bedrest depression

Do any of you feel some depression while on bedrest?

I am a very optimistic and upbeat person, but since it is so beautiful outside and I feel like I am missing out on everything, I am a tad depressed. It isn't horrible depression, but I am just feeling sad sometimes because all I want to do is take my son outside and watch him play or walk outdoors and chat with the neighbors. It's especially hard since all the summer events are going on, and I have to lay in bed and not attend.

Anyone else feeling like this? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Bedrest depression

• eesomeeesome member

imageCurlingRocks:
    I'll try to pose this type of question on the Bed Rest Check In this week sometime.  I'll bet everybody has a story.  Check in with us for support!Smile

Thank you, Curling. I really appreciate it. :)

I will see if it worsens, and if it does, I will definitely talk to someone about it. Right now it's tolerable, but noticeable. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I for sure feel it more some days than others. When nobody is around or the day is just dragging on it's hard not to think negative thoughts on why you're in this "situation".

We had some really crappy weather (in Minnesota) for the last month and it was easier since nobody wanted to go out or do anything, but now with the 4th right around the corner, you can't help but be a little blue.

Being a "bump whore" and talking with all the wonderful people on this community board has helped me a lot. There's always someone on here and maybe in a worse condition than me.

Keep your chin up! Like everyone says, "It'll be worth it in the end."

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Feeling a little blue is completely normal -- there are things we're missing out on, and that sucks.

As curlingrocks mentioned, if you start to feel more depressed (no interest in things you used to be interested in, trouble taking care of yourself, scary thoughts about hurting yourself, withdrawing from your partner, etc.), please talk to someone. Your OB should have someone either on staff or on call to deal with antenatal (during pg) depression and that might be a good place to start.

You don't have to go through this alone. Hope you feel better soon!

BabyFruit Ticker}
  • I've been having a rough few days myself.  Tomorrow will be 3 weeks in the hospital for me.  I am not on strict bed rest, but because of my complex issues going on and all the monitoring I am getting, they will not let me go home.  I feel like I am in the twilight zone some days.  I now understand why some people are non-compliant.  I just wanted to reassure you, that you are not alone Huh?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards