Pregnant after 35
Options

Boring Appointment Today, But....

I've had a hideous cough for 3 weeks. My doc gave me a Z-Pak today. I HATE taking stuff while prego!!!!! She said it's totally safe, yada yada yada. I still don't like it, but I know I need it (we think I have bronchitis). In my OB's words, "You don't want to cough that baby out!"  Anyone else in my boat? How was your antibiotic regimen? I DO know I'm sick of sounding like emphysema-woman!!
Pregnancy Ticker image image

Re: Boring Appointment Today, But....

• Options
    Yucko!  I am sorry you're sick!  I had a standard cold for a good stretch, but I just used a netipot until the darn thing cleared.  I hope your cough clears up fast!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I am not sick right now - thank goodness, but I find that I take more pills while pregnant than when I'm not!!!  When I am not pregnant, I don't even like to take advil, tylenol or motrin for a headache!! I usually just ride it out. I cannot stand swallowing pills or taking anything but right now, I take Zofran for nausea (still - once per day at most now), Zantac for heartburn and tums at night to make sure it stays away so I can sleep. Six weeks ago I had such a horrible sinus infection I ended up taking Sudafed. I cannot wait to have this baby - last one for sure :)

I hope your cough finally goes away!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i had a hideous cough/congestion around easter and had to take a z-pack.  it was fine.  i probably should have had a second z-pack though because i am still coughing but not congested.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

see my 'sick as a dawg' post.

i too am stuck with this cough that won't go away.  doc doesn't think i have bronch. so no antibiotics (just rest and fluid - eye roll).  however, when i was pg with my first, i had a cough for the entire 8th months of pregnancy.  docs finally gave me some zith ... totally safe in pg.

feel better ...  

• Options

Oh.. sorry to hear you're so sick.. I had that in January (which was early in my pregnancy... ) and I didn't want to take Zpak either.. but I did.  The dr. said the benefits outweighed the risks (to unborn baby) of taking medicine... b/c it is safe.  With"diminished" lung capacity when pregnant.. you need to be careful with any type of respiratory infection.. only way to get rid of it is an antibiotic.  My cough was PAINFUL, too.. hope it isn't hurting when you cough. 

Feel better... robitussin helped a bit, too. (with nothing else in it.. plain robitussin)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"