Detroit Babies

places for a long weekend

Hey ladies,

My husband and I wanted to take a short family trip somewhere. We were thinking Traverse City but I am not sure what to exactly do there. Any ideas? Also, if you know of any fun places to go for a long weekend please write your suggestions. Thanks.

Re: places for a long weekend

• My husband and I love the Traverse City area.  We have stayed at the Grand Traverse and at the Homestead.  There are wineries on the Old Mission Peninsula and Leelanau Peninsula.  Plus the Cherry Republic and the rest of Glen Arbor. 

There's also a Great Wolf Lodge in Traverse City, I've heard of it but never been.  We've been without our kid(s) so far.  In the future we'll probably stay there or the Homestead.  The Grand Traverse is more for just MH and I (golf/spa).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• We have done a family vacation for the past 2 years in TC.  We have always found plenty to do.  There are alot of kid friendly restaurants such as The Omlette Shoppe, yummy!  The beaches are great and there are a ton of playgrounds in the area.  This last time we took the kids to a childrens hands on museum.  They also have a boat that leaves the marina at The Holiday Inn that does kids cruises.  We didn't get to try it because the weather wasn't that great.  We stayed at the Pinestead Reef Resort and loved it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Great Wolf is a great place to go with little ones, there is TONS to do there with kids!! Mini Golf, Beaches, Boat Cruise as PP mentioned, there's a small Mall...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"