New! — The Bump
Military Families

New!

Hey everyone! I am a Marine Wife and am 18 weeks pregnant. My husband deployed a few weeks ago and I just got settled back home. I look forward to getting to know other women going through similar situations!

My question is this: Does anyone else feel like being pregnant during deployment makes you wish the days away and therefor not appreciate the day-to-day of being pregnant? I feel like all I do is count down to the next milestone so that we are closer to homecoming. I need to stop and enjoy the little things.

Re: New!

• I definitely understand what you are saying.  My husband is about to deploy, gone to training now, and even though this is my third pregnancy I feel like I don't enjoy as much since he is not here.  It's hard to stop and smell the roses, so to speak when someone else extremely important to you is always in the back of your mind.  I just wish he would be here the moment we meet our new addition.  But I don't think that will happen.  Lots of pictures to keep him involved.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi! I'm new too. :)

I wasn't pregnant when my dh deployed in 09, but I did have a 6 month old daughter. She crawled for the first time a week after he left and he missed her first steps and words too. So I definitely can relate, just in a different way.

I did do a lot of "wishing the days away" too. I think it's a natural thing to do when we're worried about them!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards