Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

cytotec isn't working.....

well, its been 11 weeks since my lmp and my little one never got past 7 weeks in size, went back yesterday to find that the heart beat was absent. did 4 cytotec this am at 9 and 8 hours later, nothing. called my doctor and i have to repeat them vaginally. he gave me hydrocodone but they make me so nauseous!!! does anyone know how long it takes before it starts working and how long you bleed after it starts? im dreading this.... it took me an hour to swallow the pills this am because i was so upset and now im having to do it all over again. im very glad i took tomorrow off from work too....
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: cytotec isn't working.....

• Thank you!!! Glad to know im not the only one who has had trouble with it. The pharmacist just called me and said "he wants you to put these in your vagina, but they are tablets. Is he trying to induce miscarriage? I hate to ask but i was making sure." Glad she is thorough but geeze, just keep beating me while im down, ya know?? Im very sorry for your loss as well. I don't care how far along someone is, its still a child and heartbreaking!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • so sorry you are going through this. Cytotec 'worked' for me in that it started my bleeding/cramping/loss for me....but it wasn't able to complete the whole m/c and after 5 weeks of bleeding I had a D&C. I'm a rare case though, but just know that it is possible it won't work fully and you might need surgery anyway.

My doc placed the 4 pills vaginally for me, and I only needed it once. She said that if nothing happened within 24 hours, then nothing would happen with them. For me it only took 4 hours and there was no doubting what was happening. It was very painful and bloody for me.

Hugs to you

Another blogger! My Life in Transition.

Married 05.27.07
    BFP#1 - 07.07.09 | EDD 03.14.10 | Truman Anthony born @38w 03.01.10
    BFP#2 - 03.24.11 | EDD 11.29.11 | missed MC found @9w 04.26.11 | D&C @16w 06.13.11
    BFP#3 - 09.17.11 | EDD 05.29.12 | It's a girl!!!
    My BFP Chart
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **my labor buddy is Sweepie412**

• Loading the player...
  • I had to take 4 pills vaginally  (that I placed myself) at 9:30am on Sat.  I had bad cramping by 3-4pm and I took two pain pills.  (Lortab)  The bleeding started for me at 5pm and by 7pm the cramping stopped.  I had to take 4 more on Sunday morning and had cramping and nausea all day with that. 

Sorry you are having to go through this.  Hugs to you..

MC 6/20/11 @ 7.5 Wks.~ "Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap and tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap and tell them about me?"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"