Eco-Friendly Family

CDers: Poop liner?

I've toyed with the idea of CDs but never made the leap, so I've lurked on lots of CD posts.  I feel like I've seen someone recommend some sort of liner that helps with poop clean-up in CDs, but I don't remember much more than that. 

If there is something like that and you think it might work with cloth trainers (poop seems to be the issue w/DD), which I do use, where do you get them?  Are they pricey or relatively affordable?  TIA!

Re: CDers: Poop liner?

• I'd get the bummis ones for your use. I think they are like $5 for a roll.

Just be careful, because I don't think most sewer systems actually work that well for flushing them. 

In my experience, the trouble with trainers and poop isn't so much getting the poop out of them when they are off the child. It is more that it is really hard to get a poop filled pull-up/pair of undies off a kid without making a giant mess.

• this blog post was recommended to me earlier today and i've been reading through it. it's been very helpful and has some info on liners and diaper sprayers to help with that.

https://www.theecofriendlyfamily.com/2010/07/ive-never-looked-back.html

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• Loading the player...
  • CD+ALCD+AL member
    imageandrealynn0707:

I'd get the bummis ones for your use. I think they are like $5 for a roll.

Just be careful, because I don't think most sewer systems actually work that well for flushing them. 

In my experience, the trouble with trainers and poop isn't so much getting the poop out of them when they are off the child. It is more that it is really hard to get a poop filled pull-up/pair of undies off a kid without making a giant mess.

I agree, but the kid is easier to clean up IMO than the undies.  Smile  I can hose her down in minutes, whereas the trainers can sometimes take a hand scrubbing, long soak and maybe more than one wash to get it all out.  Hopefully, DD gets it a lot faster than her brother.  By age, he was pretty young but it seemed to take him forever to stop having so many accidents.

• I tried the liners, but they gave my son a rash - just an fyi :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"