North Carolina Babies

Update: Push to toddler Bed

So apparently as soon as I posted about this yesterday my child decided to go on a nap strike. He's gotten to the point where he's increasingly throwing a tantrum if he throws anythign out of his crib and won't go to sleep until you go back in and put it back in with him. So I'm about to pull my hair out anyways....crib rail is coming off tonight. Might as well bite the bullet at this point, right??

Re: Update: Push to toddler Bed

• Could it be that he needs a more routine nap schedule?  I'm not sure how old he his but he might be ready for just one afternoon nap.  You might want to try setting a more specific naptime (say 1 or 1:30 p.m.) and not going back into put toys in his crib.  It sounds as though you might be tackling multiple things at once if you move him to a toddler bed now.  Good luck!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We've had the BEST schedule until this...so yeah, I'm not sure if it's he's transitioning to just one nap now or what's going on...I just figured since we're both clearly frustrated with this, might as well bite the bullet and go for the toddler bed too.

How do you transition to one nap? Here's our current schedule...not sure if we just drop a nap or change the whole schedule to put the nap somewhere else???

Right now it's:
    6:30 am wake up
    7:00am breakfast
    8:00 nap 1
    10:45 up from nap 1
    11:00 lunch
    Play outside
    1:00 nap 2
    3:30-4:00 up from nap 2
    4:00 Snack
    Play outside
    6:15 Dinner
    7:00 bath
    7:45 bed

and it's worked PERFECT until recently...and now i'm just going with whatever we get....i guess hoping it'll work itself out.

• Loading the player...
  • He's 17 months by the way...
  • DS dropped to 1 nap around 16ish months. He would wake up around 6, and nap around 11 for 2 hours, then bedtime at 7. Nap time gradually pushed back further and further, now he usually goes down around 1p or 2.
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • I don't necessarily think a toddler bed is the answer.  That will likely cause more problems at this point.  My DD went to 1 nap at 11 months.  So honestly, seems to me like you just need to transition him to 1 nap.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It sounds like he is definitely ready to transition to 1 nap.  Liam transitioned at 14 months.  I would do that first, and get your new schedule established before you do the toddler bed.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Definitely sounds more like an issue of needing to move to 1 nap.  We just kept them up past the time they typically went to down for their first nap and then put them to bed later.  I think the earliest we ever went to was 12:00 p.m. when we transitioned them to 1 nap (1st nap was previously at 9 or 10 a.m. before that).  Now DD#2 goes down for her nap around 1 or 1:30 (DD#1 doesn't nap anymore).

Both girls dropped to one nap around 15 mo.

I would definitely move to one nap before tackling a toddler bed!

Good luck! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I vote it's time to drop a nap as well...Wesley's been down to 1 nap a day since he was 14 months and he usually goes down without a fight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"