Adoption

Just talked with an adoption attorney!! So excited :)

I just spoke on the phone with an adoption attorney who was recommended to me (thanks silliest :), and really enjoyed talking to her. It made all of this seem like it might actually happen, and I feel like all of my research is coming together and we are close to making a decision. Yay! :)

I have an appointment set up with another recommended attorney for July 13, but part of me wants to cancel and just go with the lawyer I talked to today. I'll have to talk to DH... :)

Just thought I'd share my very first bit of exciting adoption news (other than the initial decision to adopt, of course).

We are adopting! Currently waiting for our domestic infant adoption match.

My blog: Making Me Mom

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Re: Just talked with an adoption attorney!! So excited :)

• Yea!!  Congratulations on taking another step forward.

Although I recommend the attorney, do meet with the other one too.  It's good to know you made the best decision for YOU. 

If you are anxious and want to get the ball rolling, start looking into homestudies... regardless which attorney you choose, you'll need a homestudy so that'll give you something to do while you wait for your next "interview".

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Congratulations- how exciting to be one step closer! I agree with PP- meet with the other attorney to make sure you picked the right attorney for you :) Can't wait to hear more on your journey! Praying for you!
  •     
  • Yay!  That's a great step to have made!
    *TTC since February 08* 2 IUIs that didn't take, exploratory LAP and hysterscopy in September 2010 that revealed nothing, means we're adopting! Preliminary paper work to agency & started home study in 11/10 Profiles to agency on 1/12/11 - Officially waiting! First home study visit scheduled for 1/29/11 Matched (Eek!) on 1/24/11 *Sweet baby boy born on 1/26/11* Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes, good advice. I need you guys to help me think clearly and not just make decisions based on one exciting phone call :)

Thanks for celebrating the small steps with me!

We are adopting! Currently waiting for our domestic infant adoption match.

My blog: Making Me Mom

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  •     
  • Yay for one step closer!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards