Adoption

Bad News.....

The birth mom changed her mind.  Surprisingly though, I'm not devastated.  I think because it's the third time and we've never actually met or had to travel yet.  It just seems like this is what happens to us.

So...on to signing with that consultant.  Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers you all sent our way.  It was very encouraging!

Smile 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!

Re: Bad News.....

• I'm so sorry. :-(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Moved to Domestic Adoption 9/09 Matched 10/09 Sweet little Luke was born 12/9/09!
  • I am so sorry... We are just starting our journey and I am so scared about this happening. Please try to stay strong- we are all out here rooting for you :-)
    Unable to conceive due to emergency hysterectomy 11/04 Started our adoption journey 4/11 9/29/11- Officially waiting! 5/29/12- Our little boy is born and goes home with us the next day :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • That's tough.  I'm glad though that you didn't have to travel and meet the BM and the baby before it happened.  I'm sure you will have excellent results with your new consultant.  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry! :( I know how hard it is.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry.  Please don't convince yourself that this is the way it will always be for your family.  I'm glad to see you are looking forward to adding the consultant in hopes of finding a sticky match soon.

My thoughts and prayers are coming your way!

• I am so sorry!
    Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lots of hugs for you. I'm so sorry for your loss, because I know you probably had the next 18 years mapped out in your head already. 
  • I am so sorry :( Thinking of you!
    We are adopting! Currently waiting for our domestic infant adoption match.

My blog: Making Me Mom

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • oh man I am so sorry. your journey sounds like ours.  :( I hope it ends soon!
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Ugh... the journey is rarely easy.  Hugs to you.

(Fourth time was the charm for us... here's hoping it is for you too!)

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • ((hugs)) I'm sorry.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• My deepest sympathy! Good luck with your consultant- I know you'll find your forever baby soon! God has even more amazing things planned for you then you can imagine!
  • I am so sorry!  I know it's such a roller coaster.  I hope working with the consultant will bring you your child very quickly!!! 
    TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
  • Im so very sorry, i gave mine up 4 years ago and the couple had been registered for 2 years and never had anyone even want to talk to them. here soon a girl will see you and fall in love with you as her childs parents, and choose you, just keep positive and pray and it will happen! it just takes time and make sure who your registered through is getting you out there so BMs can see how wonderful you are!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary
  • (((HUGS)))
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am so sorry!! I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling :( Sending you big hugs!!
    June 2010-Lap
    b2b Injectable IUI #1 7/25/10 & 7/26/10 = BFP beta 14dpIUI = 133 MC 9/14 at 9 weeks
    b2b Injectable IUI #2 12/5/10 & 12/6/10 = BFN
    IVF #1 ER 3/28/11 ET 3 embryos 3/31/11= BFN
    b2b Injectable IUI#3 6/28/11 & 6/29/11 = BFN
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome :)

Submitted Adoption Application on 6/1/2011
    Homestudy 7/19/2011
    IVF#2 CX due to Adoption Match
    We were blessed with our daughter through the gift of adoption
    IVF #2.1 ET 2 embryos 2/14/13 7 frostiesLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Sorry :((
    dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm so sorry.

I hope the consultant brings you some new avenues.
  • I'm sorry :(

I think signing with a consultant is a good move and think you will have a positive experience. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"