Baby Names
Options

Anora? Annora? spelling & MN help!

We are taking 3-4 names to the hospital and one of them will be

Anora

So my question(s) is/are: What spelling? How would you pronounce them? To me some seem similar & some slighty different pronunciations. 

Annora? My mother's middle name is Ann so it is appealing buy I feel the pronunciation would differ and the possible NM of Ann or Annie. NMS

Anora(h)? 

or the original name Honora? DH is not on board with this and it is wishy/washy for me. How exactly is this pronounced? 

Also, MN suggestions welcomed! my middle name is Lynee(li-nae)

THANKS SO MUCH!!! 

Edit: LN sounds like Sear-C

Re: Anora? Annora? spelling & MN help!

• Options

I like Honora, but I do also like Annora (Anora is actually a variant of Annora).  Given the significance of Ann, I'd go Annora. 

As for MNs, I'd do a simple one syllable name, but would skip Grace, Faith, etc. (I don't like the idea of two virtue names together).

Annora Rose

Annora Jane

Annora June

Annora Claire

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD #1 born 4/1/2012
    My Married Bio 

• Options
    imageMoneypenny424:

I like Honora, but I do also like Annora (Anora is actually a variant of Annora).  Given the significance of Ann, I'd go Annora. 

As for MNs, I'd do a simple one syllable name, but would skip Grace, Faith, etc. (I don't like the idea of two virtue names together).

Annora Rose

Annora Jane

Annora June

Annora Claire

Thanks for the advice! I completely agree on the virtue names. My husband is begging for Grace and I just can do it! I did have Claire down.

Do you think people would want to pronounce it An-Nora instead of uh-norah? 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Honora is pronounced AH-nor-uh. I would pronounce Annora uh-NOR-uh. I have a friend named Honora and I think it is beautiful, but with the Ann significance, I can see you going with Annora, like PP suggested. They are two totally different names, though, so I wouldn't mix up the pronunciations at all. 

For MN's, how about Mae? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I like Inara (in-ARE-uh)

Mother of  Sable Rene' & Clifton Michael
    Blog    Names
  • Options
    I like Annora or Honora and unlike pp I think they're pretty much pronounced the same.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know someone with a daughter named Anorah. I'm not sure if that's a legitimate spelling, but it looks nice. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"