Preemies

Supplies ?

My cousin recently had her baby at 29 weeks- she is doing great up from 1 lb 12 oz to 2lbs 6 oz., breathing on her own and very strong. We feel very blessed with her progress. They are looking to bring her home in about 4 weeks and I am trying to help her prepare as they had not really started getting all of the baby stuff ready. She had been on bedrest etc. So are there any different things that I should take care of since the baby is a preemie? I know how to prepare for a full-term one as my ds is just 2 1/2 but I did not want to miss out on some preemie must haves.

I hope this makes sense and doesn't offend. I saw a post about renting a scale and that seems to make sense she wants to transition to the breast when she is able. TIA 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Supplies ?

• Here is my list of preemie product recommendations. It really will vary based on what the baby's specific needs are. Of everything, I most recommend the rock n play sleeper. HTH! It's really kind of you to think of your cousin! I would also recommend something nice just for her, even if it's really little :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersPhotobucket Keep up with Scarlette at http://kaylaaimee.com
  • imagekaylaaimee:
    Here is my list of preemie product recommendations. It really will vary based on what the baby's specific needs are. Of everything, I most recommend the rock n play sleeper. HTH! It's really kind of you to think of your cousin! I would also recommend something nice just for her, even if it's really little :)

I hadn't ever seen your list.  I can TOTALLY vouch for the grass drier thing.  I freaking love it.  I use it every day for my pump parts and 8 bottles that I use to pump through the night/into the next morning.  Love it! I am getting a 2nd to dry bottles on now that he is home.

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"