Two Under 2
Options

I'm worried about DD1...reassure me?

DD's always been great about strangers, new people, etc. She'll literally walk up to other women she's never met before and hug them, or even sit in their laps. She's even better with people she knows and will ask for them. But within the past week or so, she's been acting really attached to me specifically. Last night at bedtime, I put her down, but she kept crying for Daddy. DH went up to try and get her back down and she immediately switched over to hysterically screaming "Mama". Apparently last time I went out for a few hours, she cried pretty much the whole time, too. I'm worried that she's going to be hysterically screaming the whole time I'm in the hospital. My in-laws (who she loves, but doesn't see often) will be staying with her and I'm hoping she'll be distracted by them being there, but I can't stand to think of her crying so hard and upset the whole time I'm gone :( 

Has anyone BTDT and can tell me it won't be as bad as I'm imagining? Or any ideas to help it go more smoothly? Unfortunately having her spend more time with my in-laws isn't really an option as they live 7 hours away. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker

Re: I'm worried about DD1...reassure me?

• Options
    She will be fine I promise.  I had the exact same worry.  When my in-laws brought her to visit and meet the new baby- she actually wanted nothing to do with me.  She was all about her daddy at that time.  It comes and goes in phases as to who she wants more.  My FIL who is awesome said that she played the whole time we were gone.  A tip I got from this board was that when she got to the room to see the new baby to have the new baby in the bassinet with neither of us holding her.  Before you introduce her to the new baby to play with DD#1 and love on her then introduce her to her new sister.  This worked out great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jgoojgoo member

imageZTAsunshine:
    She will be fine I promise.  I had the exact same worry.  When my in-laws brought her to visit and meet the new baby- she actually wanted nothing to do with me.  She was all about her daddy at that time.  It comes and goes in phases as to who she wants more.  My FIL who is awesome said that she played the whole time we were gone.  A tip I got from this board was that when she got to the room to see the new baby to have the new baby in the bassinet with neither of us holding her.  Before you introduce her to the new baby to play with DD#1 and love on her then introduce her to her new sister.  This worked out great!

Agree with all of this!

We left Jack with MIL when Lily was born & he did fine. He would ask for us & look for us, but she kept him entertained so he didn't "miss" us. 

When he got to the hospital I was holding Lily... He saw me & started smiling & reaching, then saw the baby.  Yikes. Definitely wish I had been baby free when he arrived & eased him into it. But even then, he was still fine after I was able to give him some attention.

Everything will be fine. Promise. Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"