High-Risk Pregnancy

Blood pressure question

I'm at work, feeling lightheaded and had an episode or two of white flashes interrupting my vision. This is the second day in a row of this. I went over to rite aid and took BP and its 125/90. Is this Dr office worthy? The top number is low, but the bottom is borderline right?? I don't want to be a hypochondriac, but I guess that comes with 1st pregnancy. BabyC is moving and grooving so I'm not overly concerned about it, but really I am because I just don't feel right. Embarrassed

P.S. I know this doesn't make me high-risk I just figured there are BP experts here lol.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Blood pressure question

• I have BP issues and that number for me would be no problem. However, depending on your normal it may be too high. I'm told not to worry unless my reads come back at 150/110 or higher, which is freaky high! My normal even while on a BP med is around 130/90. If you aren't feeling right then it won't hurt to put a call in to your dr and just let them know about it. I don't think it would warrant an emergency though. And in the mean time try to lay on your left side, that will bring your level down pretty fast.
    6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My normal is 120/70. I will call and see what they say. Thanks.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would call just to check and see if they want you to come in. Maybe test your urine for protein. If its one thing I learned during my pregnancy with pre-e is that if you feel bad, get it checked out. I felt horrible (headaches, dizziness, shoulder pain, difficulty breathing) related it all back to pregnancy pains.

Hope everything goes well. 

Mom to former 30 weeker born early to Pre-E. Now happy, health and growing at home!
  • I called in and they had me come in for an 'emergency' dr visit. When I got there my BP was at 130/80. I had gained 3lbs since my previous visit on Tuesday. My doctor sent me for blood work and I am scheduled for another appointment next week to follow up. Thanks for answering my questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"