Eco-Friendly Family

~*crunchynm*~

Sorry, I forgot the rest of your bump name.  ;)

Just wanted to make sure you were okay & not near the fires. 

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
Posts on cloth trainers/PLing

Re: ~*crunchynm*~

• Yeah, we are ok!  Thank you!  DH and I live in Albuquerque, but we are only about a mile from the Bosque which is now completely closed due to fire risk.  The Las Conchas fire is about 45 miles away to the north and the fire in Belen about 25 to the south.  The fires in Magdalena are about 50 miles away to the southwest.  In other words the air quality in Albuquerque sucks ass right now!  DD and I are pretty much stuck inside which has made it hard.  I am just hoping that this weekend will be okay.  I really wish the state would just put a moratorium on all fireworks until we get some rain.  We have had 0.2" of rain ALL year this year.  We really need the monsoons to start. 

Our ranch is 100 miles west of Albuquerque and that got all the smoke from the Wallow fire, but it safe from fire for now.  My MIL lives out there full time and has kept us updated about how it is out there.  We are hoping to go out there for the 4th of July just in case someone decides to use fireworks in the valley because it would put us in harms way.  Our ranch is in the valley of a canyon in the red rocks so fire would just shoot right up to our place (which is adobe and would likely be safe from fire), but it would cause a major freak out with our animals so if we are there we could get them out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• :( 

Glad you guys are ok though.  I hope nobody does anything stupid this holiday weekend.

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"