Washington Babies

1st anniversary gift ideas please

What did you get your dh for your 1st anniversary? I've got zero idea what to get. Tomorrow is our anniversary, and also the day I need to go shopping. I don't like last min gift shopping but it's what I've got.

tia!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 1st anniversary gift ideas please

• We sort of decided to not get each other gifts, but instead to get something for the house for each anniversary.  that fell apart around 4 though.  But for 1st, it was paper, so we got some photos from our honeymoon blown up and framed for our living room.
  • I think for our first I got DH tickets to something... mariners or a concert? Not sure...
  • Loading the player...
  • Is there something that you enjoy doing together. I once got DH year passes to the zoo. tickets to a concert?
  • Tickets to something would be fun, could you plan a date night to go some place?  We do couples massages every year as our gift to eachother.
  • I have not a clue what I got DH but he got me tickets to a play. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • BSJMMBSJMM member
    Since the 1st Anniversary is paper, I decided to get a matted frame with 3 cut outs2- 5x7 and 1 -8x10. The 8x10 (in the center) was a photo of us on our wedding day. The 2 - 5x7's I printed out our individual vows to each other. It hangs in our room - I look at it every day.
  • I think we bought a new mattress as our gift to each other :) - although that could have been our second. 

I like the idea of tickets to something he likes, or maybe give him a card saying you will plan the date night of his choice - he picks the event, and you'll plan it, get the tickets, get a sitter and take care of everything. 

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just buy some lingerie and wrap it up in a box. :)  

We buy artwork for our house together every year for our anniversary.  It's nice because then we can look around and say, "That's our first anniversary on that wall, and our second anniversary is over there..."  I also like that it keeps me from being p!ssed at him about lame/no/last-minute gifts.

A subscription to a year of Threadless shirts - I think they have a shirt-a-month deal you can get in on.

Or just tickets to something cool and a babysitter lined up could be fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedoublem:

A subscription to a year of Threadless shirts - I think they have a shirt-a-month deal you can get in on.

I bet he would like that, he always seems to be wearing interesting shirts!  I asked Adam and neither of us can recall what we did, other than going out to the Golf Club for dinner.  We did exchange cards and notes we wrote each other on our wedding day.  PPs have had some great ideas!  I know one thing my husband hates is yardwork, and since you have a new yard would he like a tool that would make it easier?  Like a good new mower, or maybe a tree you could plant together?  All Adam wants these days is woodworking tools so maybe you could give E a band saw that he could store over here? ;)

Happy anniversary you crazy kids! 

image Visit The Nest!

• DH just suggested a Beer of the Month subscription. The gift that keeps on giving.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • not enough time, but i got my something from yourmemorylane.com i LOVED it! since you're short on time, i'd stick with tickets to something, a card, a framed photo..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"