Food Allergy

F/U to my "what would you make of this?" post..

I did call the pedi today and left a message with the nurse. The dr called me back a little while ago and confirmed that is was far more likely to have been a reaction than a viral thing. The fact that Benadryl did help pretty much ruled out a virus in his mind, as viruses need to just run their course and don't typically respond to meds. And the no fever thing kind of ruled out virus as well. The vomiting, even though it was delayed, could absolutely still be FA-related. Which surprised me. And he assured me that its not uncommon for FA-rashes to linger a couple days, which was a concern of mine since there is still rash on her bottom and legs. 

Super.

Soo.. now we know that she is allergic to tree nuts as well as peanuts (or at least almonds). Initially she was only tested for peanuts, but her reaction was so severe that the allergist recommended avoiding all nuts just to be safe... now we know that wasn't a crazy suggestion. 

:(

Thanks for your input yesterday. 

Re: F/U to my "what would you make of this?" post..

• sorry you are adding another food to the allergy list but I'm glad you figured it out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sorry to hear that. my son also has reactions that linger around for about a week. it sucks b/c sometimes it comes out a few days later and trying to figure out what he reacted to is nearly impossible.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am sorry to hear that.  It is such a crazy guessing game and until they can talk and tell you what is wrong/how they are feeling, it is all intuition and making assumptions.  I hate that we all have to go through this!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"