LGBT Parenting

Mom of Multiples who had a c-section

Care to share what you experience was like ?  What your partners experience was like?

Moreover, I am looking to know and understand what happens immediately following the babies arrival- Usually one parent goes with the babies but in NV there is no nursery ( i will ask our OB to confirm ) but i think I go with DOs Babies and they finish closing Melanie up?  Just wondering how much time passes between  the babies arrival and her getting to see/hold them ?

Thanks, 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/

Re: Mom of Multiples who had a c-section

• Keep in mind that every hospital is different and every delivery is different....

For us - as soon as the kids were born they were taken over to the warmers in the delivery room to be checked out. L was able to be there with them and got to hold them as soon as they were wrapped up - I was being stiched up and being put back together and could watch them. When we were ready to go to recovery, they put the kids in my arms and wheeled me to the recovery room. The nurses took the kids to have their first baths (in the same room - but I couldn't see from where I was) and L went with them and took some pictures (and would walk back to show me the pics.) When the kids were cleaned up, they brought them back to me and I tried to nurse them and we took turns holding them. When it was time to go to our room, I have no recollection of how we all got to our room, but we were all together.

Our hospital did have a nursery, but the kids only went there a couple of times to be checked out, but mostly they were with us. L was able to spend the night in our room (private.) L changed all of the diapers during those first days since it was hard for me to lean over to do it, handed me the babies, and helped me out of bed.

So all in all, the four of us were together from the beginning until we were discharged home.  

YAY for being so close!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Thanks 2 brides!!!

Was any one at the hospital  that you needed to tell or update. We are on Team green so  I am just wondering when I am gonna run out and tell our moms... TRIVIAL i know.

I figured I will be on diaper duty for the first few days- not a problem and so excited to do so. I am anticipating that Melanie may have some issues/trouble coming out of the anesthesia as she did have some vomiting and nausea after the cerclage

Our Hospital has a bed for the other parent ( awesome) so I will def stay there till she is released.  I want to cut the cords for sure!!!

Did you have a birth plan even though it was a section ?

How was your recovery ?

Yes so close- my goodness I am getting so excited! 

- J

• Loading the player...
  • We only had one baby but I still had a c-section. Ann was in the room with me after the administered my spinal, hospital rules dictate no one extra in the room during that process. Ann got to see the whole thing and as soon as they had her out, they lifted her up for me to see. Ann went over to the side of the room where they had the scale, blankets, suction, etc waiting to get Ky all cleaned up and APGARS and what not while they stitched me up. She even got to trim the cord down. Once they had her all wrapped up they handed her to Ann to hold. i got to hold her as soon as they wheeled me out into the recovery holding area, so maybe 20/30 minutes?

Now had anything been wrong with Ky that she needed to go to NICU Ann was under strict orders to go with her. She balked at leaving me alone originally but I told her I did not want Ky to feel abandoned and I would be fine.  Thankfully nothing was wrong even though Ky had a LOT of muconium....I guess that was the one good thing about her being hiney down!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • image2moms2twins:

How was your recovery ?

No, I didn't have a birth plan. I am pretty 'go with the flow' and was more interested in getting the kids out safely than the details of how was all going to go down. Plus, I work in healthcare and know the more easy going and pleasant you are, the more willing people are help you/do what you ask. :)

I think I posted about my recovery in another post - but it was pretty easy. I made sure to walk as soon as I was able and gradually increase the amount I walked and made sure to stay on top of my pain meds and no wait until I was in pain. L had to really help me get out of bed those first few days since you don't realize how much you use your stomach muscles to sit up, but once I was up, I was okay. I showered alone on day #2.  I couldn't avoid stairs as they suggested since we live in a townhouse and everything (kitchen, living room) is on the 2nd floor. And I refused to sleep on our couch, so I walked up the stairs to bed every night. :) By the day after I was discharged, we were at BRU and Chipotle and by the second week, I was strolling the kids through the mall for 2hrs while L went to see Harry Potter! :) But everyone is different. :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image2brides:
    image2moms2twins:

How was your recovery ?

No, I didn't have a birth plan. I am pretty 'go with the flow' and was more interested in getting the kids out safely than the details of how was all going to go down. Plus, I work in healthcare and know the more easy going and pleasant you are, the more willing people are help you/do what you ask. :)

I think I posted about my recovery in another post - but it was pretty easy. I made sure to walk as soon as I was able and gradually increase the amount I walked and made sure to stay on top of my pain meds and no wait until I was in pain. L had to really help me get out of bed those first few days since you don't realize how much you use your stomach muscles to sit up, but once I was up, I was okay. I showered alone on day #2.  I couldn't avoid stairs as they suggested since we live in a townhouse and everything (kitchen, living room) is on the 2nd floor. And I refused to sleep on our couch, so I walked up the stairs to bed every night. :) By the day after I was discharged, we were at BRU and Chipotle and by the second week, I was strolling the kids through the mall for 2hrs while L went to see Harry Potter! :) But everyone is different. :)

wow you are a trooper ... I am sure Melanie will be the same as I can see how her bed rest is going hahaha....  yes everyone is different.  Hopefully we will be on the same track !!!

- J 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"