Indiana Babies

Kid-friendly activities in/around Lafayette (off I-65)

Hello from Cincinnati! My family will be road-tripping to Chicago, next week. Since we have two young sons (28 months and 8 months old), we'd like to plan a stop around Lafayette. For those of you familiar with the area (or other areas close, along I-65), what are your thoughts on Columbian Park Zoo? Would/could you recommend other playground/entertainment areas of interest for young children?

Thanks!

Re: Kid-friendly activities in/around Lafayette (off I-65)

• Columbian park is okay...the small zoo is free and the playgrounds are really big and nice. Tropicanoe Cove water park is right next to it and is awesome...as well as buccaneer bay indoor water park at the best western right off 65. There is an indoor jumping place too that was recently renamed and I can't remember what it is called...but that is fun...just several miles west on 26 off 65.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • I (personally) love CPZoo. I've been going there since I was little. It was recently redone though and is much nicer and although it is very small, it's fun for young kids because you can see it all without rushing and having them feel like they missed out on something. And I especially love the petting zoo :) There's also a butterfly garden opening up soon in the zoo, which would be really neat for your little guys...as well as the train ride & duck pond.

Hope you have a fun trip :) 

Myla's Mommy.
  • We also love the zoo and park. We went this weekend and the kids had a great time. The jumping place is called jump it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"