Austin Babies
Options

Should I cut my hair? Poll

I've been wanting to cut my hair for awhile but when I got my BFP I figured I'd keep it long for now then when it gets closer to the baby coming I'll cut it since I'll have less time to mess with it.  Well, I'm so tired of messing with all the tangles and how long it takes to dry that I'm thinking of cutting it now.  I just can't decide if I want to do it now or wait.  So, what are your thoughts?  And, do you think it'll even look good?

Here's my hair now (Sorry, can't figure out how to crop it and ignore the dumb face b/c I took this myself): image

Here's what I'm thinking: 

image image

WDYT?  I have to post and run but I'll check back when I get home. 

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Should I cut my hair? Poll

• Options
    I think that haircut would look awesome on you.  The model even kind of looks like you.  
  • Options

The ones you posted are a little short for my liking, but I think this cut is super cute and I think it would look really good on you:

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I voted cut it now, but that's because I just cut mine and am really into short hair right now.  In fact, I want mine a little shorter.  I'm just waiting for my colorist to color before I go back to have it trimmed.

As for getting it cut now vs. when bambino arrives--short hair is actually  more work.  With long hair you could pony it and go.  Short hair needs a little more styling-kwim?

• Options
    imageHSartteach:

As for getting it cut now vs. when bambino arrives--short hair is actually  more work.  With long hair you could pony it and go.  Short hair needs a little more styling-kwim?

Yep!

I recently cut 10 inches off (I love it!) and it takes a lot longer to style now than it did when it was long.

The pictures you posted are cute, but I know it would take me a while with a flat iron every morning to get my hair to look like that. Plus, it's not long enough to throw into a pony tail, which I think is a must with a new baby.
  • Options

I'm torn. It is so pretty now, but I do love that first style! I wish I could pull it off. While I totally think it would look awesome on you, I would worry that it would actually be harder to do than keeping it long and straight. That would be my biggest concern.

• Options

My stylist wouldn't let me cut my hair at all during my pregnancy. I always think I want short hair and then once its cut then I want it long and grow it back out. Every time I went in and said cut it off she said no.

As long as this isn't a hormonal decision I say go for it. It's a cute style but make sure it will work for after a baby when you don't get to shower every day and can still pull off the look you want. 

• Options
    i'd say cut it now since it's so dang hot outside and then you can figure out closer to the baby if you want to trim it again or leave it longer.
  • Options

As soon as I saw your ticker, I (mentally) shouted NO.  I don't think pregnant women or new moms should chop their hair or make any drastic changes (hormones make us crazy).  Get a trim, see if you like it, and if not, trim it up a bit more.

FWIW, I think it's easier as a mom to have long hair.  100x easier to pull it back into a ponytail or a clip than to style it. 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

That hairstyle would look adorable on you.  But, I do agree with PP's that it will be more work to maintain than longer hair, and which may not be convenient once the baby is here.  So why not have fun with it now, and then decide once the baby is here if you want to keep it or grow it out?

Also, if you are into uber-short hair, this is what I ended up doing after about a month back at work:

I had a haircut similar to the one in your picture (no bangs though), and after I went back to work I just couldn't take it any more.  This is super-easy - I don't even dry it, just put some pomade in it.  And if I don't have time to shower, it looks none the worse.  And it matches Ruby's "hairstyle". Big Smile

• Options
    DON'T DO IT! As someone who chopped my hair at 36 wks, I speak from experience. That is the only hair cut that I've had in 30 years that made me cry. And I cried for like 3 months. All I wanted while in the hospital giving labor and on maternity leave was to put my hair in a ponytail. I'd definitely wait until you've had the kiddo to go that short at the very least. It's a lovely haircut though!
  • Options
    I cut about 10 inches off at about 37 weeks.  I had a different reason for cutting so much.  My mom was diagnosed with cancer right when I found out I was pregnant and my sister and I decided to grow our hair out and donate it.  I have always had long hair.  I really didn't want to cut it but my sister cut hers so had to suck it up and do it too!   I decided to cut it right before I went on maternity leave.  That way if I hated it I had 3 months to grow it out.  I actually thought my short hair was much easier to care for than my long hair.  I would just put a little gel in it and let it air dry.  I have thick wavy hair and when its long I have to blow dry and straighten for it to look ok.  So honestly I think it depend on the type of hair you have what is easier.  
  • Options
    imagebobcatsteph:
    imageHSartteach:

Yep!

I recently cut 10 inches off (I love it!) and it takes a lot longer to style now than it did when it was long.

The pictures you posted are cute, but I know it would take me a while with a flat iron every morning to get my hair to look like that. Plus, it's not long enough to throw into a pony tail, which I think is a must with a new baby.

Ditto both of these ladies.  I chopped several inches off around 4 mos PP trying to get this look:

Super cute, but the only problem is I have really wavy hair and it took flat ironing it every.single.day. to get it to look like this.  I just didn't have that kind of time with a baby--I can't imagine having the time to do it with a NB.  

I voted "other," because if your hair is naturally stick straight then I'd definitely go for that cut.  It's very very cute and would probably be less maintenance than your longer hair.  But if you have to do any styling to achieve this look, then definitely do NOT do it.

• Options

That short cut would be adorable on you! You have the delicate features to pull it off.

My nose is too big for a look like that Crying

• Options

wow 7 weeks prego for me didn't = crazy hormone freak out.

I think you'd look great. 

long hair + texas + prego = hot sweaty mess all summer, no thanks :p 

cut it and if you hate it, your prenatals will help grow it out :)

• Options

Thanks for all the input.  I think I'm going to do it!  Here are my thoughts/ comments having read all your posts. 

-I've been thinking about this for a few months so it's not a spur of the moment, I'm frustrated with it right now, hormonal thing. As for it taking longer, I guess I can do it now and see how long it takes.  By the time the baby comes (if I don't cut it again) I bet it'll fit into a ponytail. 

-My hair is stick straight as is and very fine.

-I've gone short before and liked it...just not after it being so long. 

I'll post a pic after I make the jump!

• Options
    I was thinking the same thing as fjaril.  Can't wait to see the afters!
  • Options
    Well, you saw my hair the other night, and I had just cut it shorter into a bob because of the heat. I can still put mine in little pigtails for the gym, swimming, etc. It is definitely a lot cooler in this heat. I also have fine straight hair and I probably spend a minute or two more on my hair each day, but not that much time. I definitely think you could pull off a shorter cut. If you don't like it, it will be much more grown out by the time your LO arrives. :)
    Business Cat. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"