September 2011 Moms
Options

September babies are now June babies

After my water broke on Wednesday, and we made an attempt to try hospital bed rest to give the babies some extra time to grow, my 27 weekers had a different plan.  Twins Teagan (1lb.14oz., 13 inches long) and Tristan (2lb.4oz., 14 inches long) made their grand debut last night. We learned as they were prepping for my c-section that the NICU was suddenly full, so they had to transport my little ones to a hospital 45 minutes away (1 hr 20 minutes from our house!).  I got to spend a little bit of time with them before they left, but it wasn't enough.  They are doing OK, but both are on ventilators (Tristan-25%, Teagan-70%), have low blood pressure, and low blood sugar levels.  The NICU nurse told me this evening over the phone that Tristan is most likely going to require a blood transfusion tomorrow because his red blood cell count is low. She also told me that they are giving them sonograms tomorrow to check for bleeding in the brain (I'm terrified about this.)  On a positive note,  I was given a round of steroid injections a few weeks ago that they are really benefiting from now.  I'll post some pictures of our teeny babes soon. 
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: September babies are now June babies

• Options
    Congrats, neko! I hope everything goes well for you and your two little ones. Please keep us posted. I have had my fingers crossed for you that they would stay in much longer. How long before you are supposed to be released? I couldn't imagine being so far from my children.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Oh my goodness. You guys will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Big hugs to you mama, keep us posted. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Holy moly!! Glad you guys are all doing well. Hopefully your little guy ends up doing fantastic after the blood transfusion. I will be thinking of you all!! Hang in there mama!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    I had no idea you lived in the same area I do, neko.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh my gosh! What an update. I hope you are discharged soon so you don't have to be so far away from your new babies. I will have your family in my thoughts and prayers! I'm sure they are beautiful!
  • Options
    Hope you're able to be with them soon. Praying that they get bigger and stronger quickly and that you all can be home relaxing before you know it.
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congratulations! And I hope everything goes well with them in the following weeks to come! T & P's for your LO's!

BFP #1: 9/10 ~ ended in natural MC 6 wks 3 days
    BFP #2: 1/26/11 ~ EDD 9/30/11 ** Raena Marie born 9/23/11**
    BFP #3: 10/21/13 ~ ended with c/p at 5 wks 1 day
    BFP #4: 11/26/13 ~ EDD August 13th <3

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo 73477cec-3f4d-4642-a74a-533b1e33edc7.jpg  image

• Options
    You and your little ones are in my thoughts.. let us know what we can do to help!
  • Options
    Congrats mama!! Many T&Ps are heading your way! Hopefully you can be close to your little ones soon!! Keep us updated!!
  • Options
    Congratulations!  I will keep them and you and your family in my T&Ps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    Oh my goodness.  Glad everything is going well!  I will be thinking of you and your LOs and wishing for only the best!
  • Options
    Wishing all the best for your and your LOs! I hope you can be with them soon, watching them grow healthy and strong.
  • Options
    Congrats on the arrival of your little ones and many t&p's to you and your family for those babies to grow health & strong. I hope you get reunited soon! 
  • Options
    Wow, congratulations on your babies! Thoughts and prayers and hopes and wishes for your babies and you in the coming weeks.
  • Options
    congrats - many thoughts and prayers - hope they can come home soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Wow..what a weekend! And Congratulations on your baby girls! I can't wait to see some pictures of them, and I'll be sending you and the babes T&P's that all goes well.

• Options
    Hoping the best for your little ones! Keep us updated on their progress, and hopefully they can transfer them back to the hospital that is closer to you (as long as it''s not too risky)
  • Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your precious babies. Wishing your family all the best in the coming weeks as your twins grow stronger each day!
  • Options
    Congratualtions on your little babies. I'll be praying for you and your family. Grow babies grow!
  • Options
    Congratulations on the delivery, and many wishes to you for a speedy recovery so you can be with them soon. Come on babies - grow grow grow!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Congratulations on your little boys!  I have been thinking about you and will continue to keep your family in my thoughts.  I'm sure they are being well taken care of and will do great!  Take care of yourself.

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options
    Wishing you and yours all the best! Hopeflly the outcome is quite positive. I adore the name voices by the way! I wanted to name DS Tristan but H said it sounded like a vampire name :)
  • Options
    Congrats!  Will definitely be thinking about your lo's and hoping they are able to come home soon!
  • Options
    Sending positive thoughts and prayers for your babies to keeping getting healthy and strong! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your little babies!
  • Options

Hoping your babies get big and strong real quick! Hopefully you'll get discharged soon so you can be with them!

• Options
    Congrats on your babies! I hope they continue to get bigger and stronger and you reunite with them soon. Please keep us updated!
  • Options
    God bless you and your babies. I'm glad they made it to the world safely. Keep us updated on their health and post pictures when you can! Congrats on your two new little loves!
  • Options
    Congrats on your sweet babies! Prayers that they will grow stronger and be home with you soon!
  • Options
    Keep us updated! Congratulations on your little miracles. Praying they continue to strengthen and grow and that you'll get to be with them ASAP!
  • Options

Congrats on your little babies!!!  Fingers crossed that they continue to thrive and their ultrasounds come back completely normal.

Which hospital did they transfer your babies to?  It's good to be in MD where there are some of the best hospitals in the country in such a small area.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers going out to your little ones, definitely the first of September babies to make their arrival!  Congrats on their safe arrival and I will be hoping and praying for their growth and progress!
  • Options
    Congrats Neko! I am glad your babies are doing okay! I hope your babies continue to grow and thrive! Please keep us updated!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations.  I'm so happy to hear they are doing well and hope they continue to grow and thrive.  Keep us updated and you will all be in our T&Ps.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options

What an adventure! It sounds like they managing well and fighting strong. I am glad you are doing ok and hope they are home in your arms soon! You'll be in my thoughts. And I LOVE their names :)

• Options
    Wow Neko!  Sending you and those sweet babies tons of good vibes!  Keep us updated! 
  • Options
    wow - can you believe they are here?!?! Congratulations and i pray everything goes smoothly and no blood on the brain and they continue to grow and thrive, I can't believe one of our September momma's have their babies already :) i'm sure it was all scary and continues to be so but i'd be relieved that they are here and in good hands it sounds like
  • Options
    Congrats on the babies birth!! T&P your way hope everything comes out well with both the babies and yourself.
  • Options
    Ella&CElla&C member

Oh, my goodness! Well, welcome to the world, little ones!!!!

I hope they grow well and fast, and that you recover quickly as well. 

• Options
    elyndselynds member
    Congrats Mama!  I hope you get to see your babies soon - how are you doing and feeling? 
  • Options
    Congratulations! I will keep the twins in my prayer's.
    ~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"