Pregnant after IF
Options

FET - when did you get a BFP on HPT?

Hi everyone! 

I used to be a regular poster while going through treatment and early in pregnancy.  I haven't been on in over a year and can't remember any of my old account details now.  I have a seven month old from a successful first IVF (MFI, endo, PCO, blocked tube).  Yikes, it's been awhile since I've typed something that looks so much like an eyechart.  We were fortunate enough to have six snow babies and last Monday we transferred two.  Today I'm 6dp3dt.

I'm finding it much harder to manage this wait mentally than I did the last time.  For my IVF cycle I made it to 14dp3dt.  That's when I'm scheduled to go in for beta again this time, and I don't think I'll be able to wait that long. 

If you had a successful FET, how early did you get your positive on a stick?

And I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong place, or a really annoying question.  I never really spent time on this board, so I'm not familiar with the dynamic here.  I'm just going nuts and would love some feedback from some women who might have some insight for me.  Google's been useless.

Re: FET - when did you get a BFP on HPT?

• Options
    MrsMAFMrsMAF member

With my FET I never did a HPT, but I did get a very high beta on 9dpt.

Good luck to you! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I always thought the number of replies to FET posts were kind of low when I was looking for thoughts on mine. I don't have an answer for you though- I waited until beta at 14dp5dt. It was a hard wait though- Father's day was two days before our beta and I was just about crawling the walls wanting to test early.

On one hand, my IVF BFN was absolutely heartbreaking and I am very very glad I didn't test early and draw out the pain over several days. On the other hand, I could have tested earlier on this FET and saved myself some worry since it would have been positive days before my beta. I think waiting was probably best even if I worried more. Better to worry for a couple of day than drag out sadness longer than absolutely necessary.

Friends for 15 years. Married 8. TTC since January 2009
    2010 Diagnosis: Anovulation and Severe MFI
    2011 Treatment:
    IVF w/ICSI #1 Antagonist: 2 blasts - c/p - BFN 04.22
    FET #1: 1 blast/1 early blast - BFP 06.22 - m/c 06.30 @6w0d
    07-11 RPL: MTHFR C677T Heterozygous & Slightly elevated ACLA IgM
    FET #2: 1 morula - BFN: 9.02

January '12: IVF #2
    Started BCP and Metformin (New!) 12-14 for stimming in January

Dum spiro, spero.
    ?SAIF/PAIF/PgAL/PAL always welcome?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was able to see a SUPER faint line on a HPT at 5 dpt (we transferred 2 5-day blasts, got pregnant with a singleton).  Good luck!
    DS #1 on the way after 2 cycles of ART (IVF+FET) EDD 7/3/11
  • Options
    7 days past a 5 day transfer, but I'm having triplets, so my HCG levels were probably higher than average.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    grazygrazy member
    5 days past the transfer, at night.
    DS born 7.30.11
  • Options

Our FET was the only cycle that we didn't test at home, but I had a pretty high beta at 9dp5dt.  I bet I would have had  a + at 5dpt.  Good luck!

TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thank you all so much for your replies!

We're leaving town Thursday morning and taking an extended long weekend.  My beta is scheduled for July 4th (nice timing, right?) and the last time I had a beta scheduled for the end of a long weekend I just couldn't enjoy myself at all.  I was so stressed and just wanted to get the time over with.  I'm torn between being sad all weekend if I get negative HPTs or being stressed all weekend with the unknown. I'll probably hold out till Wednesday or Thursday morning.  Then I'll be the equivalent of 12 or 13dpo.

I just have trouble getting out of my head that given that we put two beautiful embryos in seven days ago that if they were going to stick, they'd have done it by now.  It really makes me want to run out to the store.  I don't know why this wait has me so much antsier than previous waits.

• Options

At 5dp 5dt, I had a postive on a CVS own brand. I think the test may have been faulty though because at 6dp 5dt I had a very clear negative on a FRER.

At 7dp 5dt, I started getting positives. If I could go back in time, i wish I'd held out until at least 8dp to test at home, as those couple of days of positives and negatives were torture.

Good Luck to you!

TTC #1 since 03/09 Dx Unexplained
    Jan to April 2010 - Clomid - All BFN
    June 2010 - IVF - BFN
    Oct 2010 - FET #1 - BFN
    Dec 2010 - endometrial biopsy
    Jan 2011 - Surprise BFP! - m/c at 6w5d
    March 2011 - FET #2. Thawed 11 Day 1 embryos; 5 'exploded' / possible lab error?
    ET 4/2/11 transferred 1 blast & 1 morula
    Beta#1 10dp5dt =81; Beta#2 12dp5dt =222 Beta#3 16dp5dt =1337
    It's a BOY!!! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"