January 2011 Moms

Front Baby Carrier

Question for you guys, we have a Chicco brand baby front carrier and I can't stand it, not sure if it is the operator or the carrier but LO just doesn't fit well in it, and it is almost impossible to get him out with just one person (normally it is DH pulling the carrier down, along with his pants, as I pull him up). Can you guys recommend your carriers or maybe tell me what I am doing wrong, thank you!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Front Baby Carrier

• We have an Ergo and love it!  We used it today for a couple hours and DD is so comfortable, she usually falls right asleep!

I have heard many pedis recommend against front carriers because they force baby to me stimulated constantly.  There is no way for them to hide their face, so to speak, and rest.  Also, most hold baby by their crotch which is not good for development.

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • We have the Ergo too - which way do you use it Mchupie? I hardly use it...

Sorry, OP, I don't know anything about the carrier you have :( 

• Loading the player...
  • Are you looking for a forward facing carrier or a front carrier where baby faces you? I have a Beco Butterfly that I love as my front carrier. Now that LO is more interested in things around him, I'm buying a Beco Gemini which allows him to face out. Like PP mentioned, most front facing carriers like the Bjorn are crotch danglers - not good for your back or the baby. The Beco allows them to be in a seated position which is much better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we also have an ergo and LOVE it! 
  • imageMrsLynnyD:

We have the Ergo too - which way do you use it Mchupie? I hardly use it...

Sorry, OP, I don't know anything about the carrier you have :( 

We use it all the time!  I wear it in the front with DD facing towards me.  She loves it.  There are a bunch of pics of me using it on my blog.  Here's one: https://www.growingupgeeky.com/2011/05/my-first-mothers-day.html

ETA: Another one: https://www.growingupgeeky.com/2011/06/wordless-wednesday-our-day-downtown.html

You can see that she likes to sleep in it :)

image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Ergo it is we have the chicco cubes, he can face in or out but it is one where his feet dangle and it does kill your back after a while, think I can get a better deal online or at BRU?
  • imageShleenish:
    Ergo it is we have the chicco cubes, he can face in or out but it is one where his feet dangle and it does kill your back after a while, think I can get a better deal online or at BRU?
    I'm not sure but you can probably use 20% off at BRU if that makes a difference. I got mine at Buy Buy Baby and used the 20% off.
  • Ended up getting the Ergo today at BRU with the 20% coupon, and it was only 109.00 starting cheaper then I thought Thanks for all the help everyone, I am sure Lo and I will be much happier now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"