January 2011 Moms

My mom gave LO... (vent)

Instant mashed potatoes today.

Ok, he has not had anything but BM...and formula on day 3, 4, and maybe even 5. I don't remember. But that's it.

Really Mom? I bought rice cereal last week...with bowls and spoons...and they sit in the cabinet because I'm not ready yet for that. Then she does this and thinks it's funny?!

I told her that her baby privileges have been revoked. And my H was upset because he wanted to be there when LO had his first solid food. I mean, I saw a tiny bit of it on his lip and tongue and I practically wiped his mouth out...but as for her? I wanted to knock her right out. WTF! Good thing I was there and saw it right away...ugh...she's lucky I lover her.

So with that being said, I guess I'll try rice cereal tomorrow. May as well get started so everyone will get off my back. 

Re: My mom gave LO... (vent)

• I almost did the same thing to my mother a couple months ago! She had some egg on her finger (from making deviled eggs) and thought it would be ok if my son licked it off her finger. Lucky for me I was there the whole time and pulled her finger away before she could even try. I think she had also drank a little too much that day. Needless to say she got angry with me for moving her hand away but I didn't care. I don't think babies are supposed to have any eggs until past a year due to possible allergy reactions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have to watch our moms like hawks!

I told her again today if she pulled anything else like that again she won't get to see LO. I said it jokingly but with a serious threatening undertone! 

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh! I can't stand when grandparents (or anyone else) do stuff like this! But it could have been worse... I caught my mom feeding Joshua mini-marshmallows when he was just over 1 year old. I lost it! But seriously, what makes them think they know better than you about your own baby? If you want to wait a year to start solids you go ahead and wait. No one else's business (except your pedi of course)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"