Northern California Babies

SDI/PFL Paperwork and Kaiser

Anyone with Kaiser know when I should drop off the paperwork? And who do I give it to?Do they mail it to EDD or do I pick it up and drop it off at EDD.

I'm not sure what to put on the application for when I want the SDI to start. My planned last day of work is 7/22 (one week before my EDD), but of course if something changes and I'm pulled out of work or deliver early I'll have to start early and thus the date will change. Do I put 7/23 as my first day to start the 7 day waiting period and complete it and then call if that changes? file an ammended application? 

I have an OB appointment next Friday and am off work so was hoping to take care of it then, but feel so lost about things getting started in a timely fashion. 

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: SDI/PFL Paperwork and Kaiser

• I was trying to plan ahead and wanted to drop off my paperwork 4 weeks before my EDD, but they told me it was too early.  So I just went back the day after my last day of work.

After having the baby DH walked to the office to inform them I had the baby, but they ended up calling me a few days later.
  • My OB gave me a print out to take to the intake clerk office.  I submitted it to them and they filed the paperwork to the EDD for me.  I'd ask your OB for the slip removing you from work and just bring it to the intake clerk.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think EDD will accept paperwork in advance of the day you are disabled. Given how fluid pregnancy is, it doesn't make sense for KP (or other Docs) to actually fill the forms out in advance.  You can get the packet of materials, fill in your part and have them ready for the doc's certification when the time comes.  If you are worried about getting them submitted quickly, you could take them in and then wait for them (which can take a while) and then mail them to EDD yourself.

• Ditto PP, I dropped it off my first day out on leave, not before.  I'm gonna double check again at my appt today because my last appt they said to do it early but for my last two leaves it was my first day out.
  • I don't have experience with Kaiser but when I dropped off my paperwork at the hospital to be signed off and sent they told me they wouldn't do anything until the 1st day of my leave.

I just got my EDD paperwork in the mail and the claim effective date is the 1st day of my leave.

I can't believe you're so close!! So exciting!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Angel Baby - 5/22/2010 @ 13 weeks. Always in our hearts.
  • So is this the same thing DH would have to do or is this only for the SDI?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • FYI, I went to Kaiser member services today to get my paperwork and they said I could turn it in 1 week before I go out.  I even questioned it because I said I've done this 2 times before and it was first day of leave and he said 1 week before was fine...we'll see.  I have a dr's appointment on my first day out so if I don't try before then I'll be submitting it that day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"