Health & Exercise

Half marathon at 29w?

Hi ladies.  I usually post on the H&F board on TN but thought this question might be better suited here.  In the last year I've run 2 full marathons and 2 half marathons and I've been consistently running between 20-25 miles since I got my BFP.  DH and I are planning a babymoon/anniversary trip to Denver in October, there is a race that weekend which I would love to do but I'll be 29w.  I wouldn't be running it for a time goal or to push myself, just more for the experience.  I just don't know how I'll be feeling by then.  I plan on running for as long as possible, but it's hard to predict how things will be in 15 more weeks.

Any ladies have experience with running half marathons in their 7th month??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Half marathon at 29w?

• I ran the Boston marathon (full) at 25 weeks with DD1 and it was great. I took it really easy and it took me more than an hour longer than my usual time, but I felt great and baby was great too. I also ran the half marathon distance (not in a race) at 39 weeks with DD1 and didn't have any issues. Again, it took me a long time as I also walked but it was good for me. It really depends on how fit you are and how much you are used to running the distance. I have run so many marathons that I am really used to it, so it wasn't a big deal for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As long as you listen/trust your body and take the time to allow yourself to aclimate to the altitude once you get there, why not!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"