Upstate NY Babies
Options

birthday party themes

So I was thinking for Sophia's 1st birthday to do a beach theme.  It's the last weekend of summer. So I thought it would be like a farewell to summer type of thing plus it is only 6 days before our vacation.  I can't think of any other theme b/c she doesn't like any characters and I want it to be outside. Thoughts?

Re: birthday party themes

• Options
    I think a Hawaiian theme would be cute - everyone could have leis and you could serve fruity drinks and whatever. I don't think you need a character or anything.
  • Options
    I think it sounds adorable!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That is cute!  DD didn't like any characters at 1 yr old either but loves water, so that would have been a good idea for me too.  I ended up doing rubber ducky and had it next to a local free splash park wanted to have some kiddie pools out, but it ended up being cooler out.  Plus with a beach theme, you can have a bunch of beach balls and all kids LOVE balls.  You could also probably do something with a sandbox and water table too if you already have them.

DD loves Super Why and loves picking out letters, and one of my friends did a super why party for her son last year.  But instead of quite getting in to characters this year, I think I am just going to focus on the letters instead.  So we will have a letter or alphabet party for her.  She also likes Elmo and Curious George and all animals, so those were other thoughts I had for this year.

• Options
    imagejnk062602:

Plus with a beach theme, you can have a bunch of beach balls and all kids LOVE balls.  You could also probably do something with a sandbox and water table too if you already have them.

This is exactly what I was thinking! You can have beach balls all over the place, and the water and sand table, and a bubble station.  You can even set out beach chairs, sand toys, and if you have a clothes line, hang out beach towels on it. Outdoors parties are nice because you don't really have to do a lot of decorating.  You can also use crabs, fish, turtles, octopuses (is that the right pluralization?) for other ideas to decorate or toys. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options

For his first bday, I did a 1st Bday/cupcake theme......bought all the supplies that matched.

This year I plan to just do a patriotic/R,W,B theme since it is Independence Day weekend. I am not doing anything he is in to, or letting him pick.....this is probably the last year that he won't care about a theme so I am doing it my way. Next year he may insist on Spider Man and my R,W,B idea will be vetoed! haha

Beachy sounds perfect!  

• Options
    Adorable!!! I think it's perfect
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sounds SUPER cute.. Can't believe you're already planning her party. 
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    I was playing around with maybe doing a rainbow theme. I don't really want to buy a bunch of themed plates and napkins. I think that summer/beach would be awesome! Plus having it outside will be nice. When C was born, I remember it being warm, but I don't know if I can count on that for this year. We have an enclosed 3 seasons room I would like to use, but we shall see if we are able to in October.
    image        image
  • Options
    I think it sounds super cute
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I think thats a great idea!! L's 1st party was a farm theme- we stuck to animals and it worked out great...

I wish I had a summer bubba- I love the thought of a beach theme... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"