Upstate NY Babies
Options

**2nd Birthday activities**

So I know we've talked about this a little bit but I dont know if we talked "activities".. I know I have time however since the baby 2 is coming in Oct and then the holidays-I know I'm going to be super busy so I want to prepare.

I already booked the place and date- now I'm working theme and activities and this is where I'm stuck...last year I made a "play pasture" with toys, books, a climber and slide, a rocking horse...and they were a year or so- and it worked.

This year I think they are too young for a craft per se (I might do an art table with crayons) but do you think its lame to do a play area again- I would bring the climber and slide and Im getting the step 2 coaster soon and I was going to make a ball pit...do you think something else? Thing they need a character or something? someone to "lead" singing or dancing or something?

I was going to do a bouncy house but I think I should wait one more year- so thats why I'm stuck for "activities".

I'm thinking it will be a sesame street theme- or Yo Gabba Gabba theme

**Thoughts** 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **2nd Birthday activities**

• Options
    I think all of your ideas sound fun. I also highly recommend bubbles and a dance party. DS and his little friends loved that at his party. I'm sure they will have fun no matter what you do.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If you decide on a Sesame Street theme, here is an amazing party that was just posted on one of my favorite blogs. I think I'm going to do a Sesame St. theme next year, just because it was so neat! She had some simple games too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageNikCole:
    If you decide on a Sesame Street theme, here is an amazing party that was just posted on one of my favorite blogs. I think I'm going to do a Sesame St. theme next year, just because it was so neat! She had some simple games too.

Very Cool!! Thank you for sharing this..I had some of those ideas but she had some stuff I totally didnt think of... (like using the goldfish crackers- I was going to use actual fish...LOL)

• Options
    imageabba916:

imageNikCole:

Very Cool!! Thank you for sharing this..I had some of those ideas but she had some stuff I totally didnt think of... (like using the goldfish crackers- I was going to use actual fish...LOL)

I thought the Oscar's garbage can game was a cute idea... especially for young kids. 

• Options

I think it's too soon to decide on a theme.  Since right before ethan turned 2 he has been in to chuggington, cars, toy story, nemo and monsters.  It changes so much at this age.

My girlfriend did a bounce house at her daughters 1st party. I was thinking of one for sophia's party b/c the kids are all the same age.  I think if they are all around the same age then it's fine. It's when there is a big age difference that I would worry.

I think that sounds like a fun party.  The kids will definitely be entertained

• Options
    If your DS is into something now, that may be vastly diff in 6 months.  Pretty much guaranteed.  With my 4 year old, I wait until like 3-4 weeks before the party to go hardcore on the theme.  I would try to make a generic theme and add in a character or whatnot as late as possible.
  • Options
    well he's not really into sesame street actually- hes more into yo gabba gabba now- and normally i would wait but with a newborn coming- I need to be prepared early on...however, theme is fluid...my bigger concern is the activities...think they need more than a play area at age 2?
  • Options
    imageabba916:

I already booked the place and date- now I'm working theme and activities and this is where I'm stuck...last year I made a "play pasture" with toys, books, a climber and slide, a rocking horse...and they were a year or so- and it worked.

This year I think they are too young for a craft per se (I might do an art table with crayons) but do you think its lame to do a play area again- I would bring the climber and slide and Im getting the step 2 coaster soon and I was going to make a ball pit...do you think something else? Thing they need a character or something? someone to "lead" singing or dancing or something?

DD isn't 2 yet.  But she loves animals and originally I was kinda thinking about an animal theme one and liked your pics you posted of the play pasture.  DD still loves her rocking horse and climbers and slides are a huge hit.  I can't imagine at all that in the span of 3 more months a play area would suddenly be lame for her.  I turned our kiddie pool into a ball pit the other day bc it was too cold for swimming and dd and the 3 yr old neighbor boy loved it, so I think that would be definitely be age appropriate.

DD does love to color....but we keep her confined in the high chair when she does so that it doesn't get on the walls and stuff.  She only recently stopped eating crayons.  I think the character could be hit or miss.  Some kids that age may be afraid, and some may love it.

• Options
    imageabba916:

DD isn't 2 yet.  But she loves animals and originally I was kinda thinking about an animal theme one and liked your pics you posted of the play pasture.  DD still loves her rocking horse and climbers and slides are a huge hit.  I can't imagine at all that in the span of 3 more months a play area would suddenly be lame for her.  I turned our kiddie pool into a ball pit the other day bc it was too cold for swimming and dd and the 3 yr old neighbor boy loved it, so I think that would be definitely be age appropriate.

DD does love to color....but we keep her confined in the high chair when she does so that it doesn't get on the walls and stuff.  She only recently stopped eating crayons.  I think the character could be hit or miss.  Some kids that age may be afraid, and some may love it.

• Options

Wait is the step 2 coaster the roller coaster?  Like the little car on the ramp?  If so, I am so excited for L, haha.  That is dd's favorite toy at the local bounce house place.  I have been considering getting one, but not sure where we would put it.

• Options
    imagejnk062602:

Wait is the step 2 coaster the roller coaster?  Like the little car on the ramp?  If so, I am so excited for L, haha.  That is dd's favorite toy at the local bounce house place.  I have been considering getting one, but not sure where we would put it.

Yeah my cousin had one and her kids out grew it- so we're going to pick it up in the next couple of weeks... 

• Options
    imageabba916:
    imagejnk062602:

Yeah my cousin had one and her kids out grew it- so we're going to pick it up in the next couple of weeks... 

Wow, he is going to love that!  DD would ride it all day long if we had one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"