D.C. Area Babies

DCP Question?

Hi ladies! My DCP, who is just a home daycare, recently sent me a new contract that says she gets 2 weeks of paid vacation per year. Is this typical in our area? She claims she is reflecting what "everyone" in FFX and Loudoun do. If it's normal then fine, I'm OK with it. It just sucks, because I don't have a free backup. I will have to pay her and my backup. EXPENSIVE. Oh the joys of NOVA. haha

Re: DCP Question?

• My in-home DCP has the same thing in our contract. I don't think it's unusual.
  • kastlekastle member
    Ours is 1 week for in-home in Arlington
  • Loading the player...
  • Its normal.  Both inhomes we used had 2 weeks too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ours takes two weeks of vacation too.  Wouldn't you insist on two weeks of paid vacation in your own job?
    imageimageimage
  • emizeremizer member

imageQueSrah:
    Ours takes two weeks of vacation too.  Wouldn't you insist on two weeks of paid vacation in your own job?

But of course. It's does suck that I have to pay 2 people for 1 week of work. And she takes 3 weeks of vacation / 2 are paid. And she takes every single federal holiday. Much better benefits than my job!

• The Infant Toddler contract is a little different.  Daycare is closed for all federal holidays and then the week between Christmas and New Years.  All other times free backup is provided if the DCP wants to take vacation. 
  • Our DCP takes two weeks of vacation plus the week at Christmas. Basically, we pay for 52 weeks per year no matter what.

My office pays me for vacation/sick and I am doing the same thing for her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry, but you just need to build it into your budget - or, use a place like Infant Toddler.
  • our center is closed the week b/w xmas and new year's and they have a few teacher work days throughout the year; we pay per month and our rates are the same regardless of how many days they are actually open

• Our in home take 2 weeks unpaid and I think that is unusual.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"