Trouble TTC

cycle day 10 ultrasound

So went in for my cycle day 10 monitoring appt today and I have a 12mm,15mm,17mm follicle on my left ovary and 12mm, 13mm, 20mm on my right ovary. So I go back in 3 days for another ultrasound. How many of these do you think I will ovulate?
TTC since 06/2010 HSG-clear,SA-good DX:Unexplained IUI#1-(May) 100mg of clomid +trigger + progerstrone supp=BFN IUlI#2-(June) 100mg of clomide+trigger+progesterone supp=BFN JuLy Break for vaca. IUI#3 (Aug) 100mg of clomid+trigger+progesterone=BFN IVF trial started in Oct-Nov ER-15 Retrieved, 13 mature, 11 fertilized. 5dt on 11-15-11 Beta #1 9dp 5dt= 107 Beta#2 331 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: cycle day 10 ultrasound

• 3 more days?  My RE would have me trigger tonight or tomorrow with those follies.  That 20 mm follie will be huge in 3 days if you haven't already ovulated.  I hope some of the other ladies will chime in.  My follies never get that big so I'm no expert.

After more than 2 years of fertility treatments, FET did the trick!
    IVF March 2012 - BFP! - Severe OHSS = 8 days in the hospital in kidney failure
    No heartbeat at 10w6d
    FET August 27,2012 = BFP!
    It's a boy!
    My Blog - 3 Dogs, No Baby

BabyFruit Ticker
  • well if you go by the growing 1-2 mm a day and go on the 1 mm side of things you could potentially have these measurments in 3 days...15, 18, 20, 15, 16, 23 which would leave you with 3 mature follies at trigger. If you go with the 2 mm a day you would have these measurments: 18,21,23,18,19,26 which would be 6 mature follies at trigger....you never know what your body will do...some may peter out, some may grow even faster than the estimates. I think your doc should tell you how many mautre follies you will have and then it's not guaranteed they will all ovulate but they may. GL!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegenmalone:
    3 more days?  My RE would have me trigger tonight or tomorrow with those follies.  That 20 mm follie will be huge in 3 days if you haven't already ovulated.  I hope some of the other ladies will chime in.  My follies never get that big so I'm no expert.

I was thinking the same thing...3 more days may be pressing it. Can't you try one more day of meds and go for a check and then again 2 days later or something? My RE does this when the follies are that close..

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLuckyClover13:
    So went in for my cycle day 10 monitoring appt today and I have a 12mm,15mm,17mm follicle on my left ovary and 12mm, 13mm, 20mm on my right ovary. So I go back in 3 days for another ultrasound. How many of these do you think I will ovulate?

Are you Clomid/Fermera or FSH? That makes a differance

2004- DX with PCOS

6/2011- Gonal-F + Ganirelix + Oviderl and Crinone= BFP

7/7/2011 Beta #1 119 Beta #2 563 Beta#3 4178

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

http://tinypic.com/r/25z7709/8

• They make me do OPK's until I get a positive and then I come in for an IUI. Then trigger and another IUI the next day.

TTC since 06/2010 HSG-clear,SA-good DX:Unexplained IUI#1-(May) 100mg of clomid +trigger + progerstrone supp=BFN IUlI#2-(June) 100mg of clomide+trigger+progesterone supp=BFN JuLy Break for vaca. IUI#3 (Aug) 100mg of clomid+trigger+progesterone=BFN IVF trial started in Oct-Nov ER-15 Retrieved, 13 mature, 11 fertilized. 5dt on 11-15-11 Beta #1 9dp 5dt= 107 Beta#2 331 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLuckyClover13:

I've been told I have very fast growing follies and they can grow up to 3mm a day.  If you were like me then all six would be ready to pop!   For my first IUI, I had one at 27mm before I gave myself the trigger shot.  I hope that two of yours will let the others take the lead and shrink back so you don't have to worry about too many follies.  And that the 15 and 17 get to just be around 22mm so you have three great size follies.  Good luck!

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• Clomid 3-7. Last cycle I had a 15 and 18 on cycle day 10. I ovulated on cycle day 13 or 14 they said and I triggered on cycle day 13.
  • imageLuckyClover13:

They make me do OPK's until I get a positive and then I come in for an IUI. Then trigger and another IUI the next day.

Are you working with an OBGYN or an RE?  I've never heard of doing an IUI before the trigger.

After more than 2 years of fertility treatments, FET did the trick!
    IVF March 2012 - BFP! - Severe OHSS = 8 days in the hospital in kidney failure
    No heartbeat at 10w6d
    FET August 27,2012 = BFP!
    It's a boy!
    My Blog - 3 Dogs, No Baby

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am with an RE I think they made me trigger last time b/c I got a positive opk on cycle day 12 so I came in did the IUI. They said my bloodwork said I wasn't surging yet. So on cycle day 13 I had and u/s b/w and they said my progesterone was 4 and to trigger so I did that. I came in on cycle day 14 had an IUI and u/s afterwards and they said oh you ovulated already either last night or this morning.
  • If I were you, I would want another ultrasound in 2 days, not 3.  Like kcampy said, in 2 days you could have 3 mature follies, which is great! If you wait 3 days, you could have all 6 mature which is alot! 

Married DH September 2008
    DD1 Born March 2012
    DD2 Due November 2014

image         image

imageimage

• imagegenmalone:
    3 more days?  My RE would have me trigger tonight or tomorrow with those follies.  That 20 mm follie will be huge in 3 days if you haven't already ovulated.  I hope some of the other ladies will chime in.  My follies never get that big so I'm no expert.

This.  My RE would also have had me trigger today, tomorrow at the latest.  3 days sounds like a lot - but I'm not an expert!

The Table Has Shoes (and Other Ambiguities)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Me = lean PCOS;DH = poor morphology (3%)
    3 IUI/TI cycles = BFN
    IVF #1 with ICSI: antagonist protocol = BFFN
    IVF #2 with ICSI : Lupron downregulation = BFFN...FML
    IVF #3 with ICSI and AH (Antagonist) = IT'S A BOY!!!!

dumbledore

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagegenmalone:

This. If I go in for my u/s and I have a 20mm follie, I would trigger that night then IUI 36 hours later. If the lead follie was close, 18-19mm I would trigger the following night with the IUI 36 hours after trigger. If you're using the trigger, I am not sure why they are having you use OPKs? The trigger makes you O. So the trigger after you get your surge doesn't make sense. My RE does monitoring appointments every other day from cd10 until one of my follies is at least 18mm. With at least one follies at already 20mm I would call your RE back and speak to him. GL!

TTC #1 since 6/2010
    8 IUIs - 3 Cancelled cycles - 1 Ectopic Pregnancy with Left tube removal = A broken heart
    IVF #1 : Fall 2012
    15R - 13M - 13F w/ICSI - Transferred 2 day 5 blasts = BFP!!!
    8 Frosties!
    Beta #1: 135, Beta #2: 312, Beta #3: 996
    10/21: Saw one beautiful flickering heartbeat! EDD: 6/12/13
    ?S/PAIFW?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"