Pregnant after IF
Options

Positive thoughts or success stories from Femara

This is my second round of Femara. I ovulated on last Tuesday and hoping to get a BFP. I just was curious if anyone has had luck on femara. I just wanted to hear some positive for it and hope to give myself a little bit of confidence on this med. Also does anyone know if doubleing your dosage means an even higher percentage of twins then they already give.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Positive thoughts or success stories from Femara

• Options
    We had success on our third round of Femara!  I stayed on the same dose and had 1-2 mature follies each time, so we were very happy with my response.  This last round I had the longest wait to trigger, so I'm thinking that helped grow up a nice and mature follie than the other times.  If you're responding well with 1-2 mature follies, I don't see why you'd double your dose.  You could risk overresponding or having to cancel due to too many mature follies.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MrsVoMrsVo member
    Femara twins here!  Following 3 failed Clomid attempts, Femara worked the first time so I have no advice on the dosage.  GL!!

Diagnosed PCOS 2/07, TTC #1 since 8/09
    11/10 - Clomid Round 1 = BFN
    12/10 - Clomid Round 2 = BFN
    1/11 - Voluntary Break = BFN (duh)
    2/11 - Clomid Round 3 = BFN
    3/11 - Femara + IUI = BFP * Beta#1=56 * Beta#2=266
    *Cautiously expecting baby girls on November 28, 2011*
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had tried the 2.5 dosage of femara and didn't have any mature follicles so they bumped me up to 5 (2 pills) for five days. I doesnt increase your chance of multiples as long as you only have 1 mature follicle, if you had more then one then your chance of multiples increases as both have the chance to fertilize. I had a good response on the 5 dosage with 1-2 follicles. I was on that dosage for 2 months and we just found out yesterday that we are pregnant! We are very early pregnant, I'm only at 3 weeks and 5 days today. I had been on clomid before that with good responses but no baby, This is my first positive pregnancy and its with Femara (we also did IUIs with Femara and we didn't do that with Clomid at all). Good Luck, I hope it works out just as good for you!

DX PCOS in 2000 TTC since April 2010 DX Hypothyroidism 6/2010 Referred to RE 9/2010.

BFP in June 2011, DD born in 2012

Joined the baby train again 8/2013. First month, out due to re-diganosis of Hashimotos.

Sept 2013, 2.5 letrozole and trigger, low progestrone and using supplements = BFN.

Oct 2013 2.5 Letrozole, trigger, and IUI = low progestrone (8.9, using supplements) and BFP 11/6 Beta 26.9, Beta 2 @ 30, Beta 3 @ 25.3, Beta 4 @ 25.2 CP 5w1d

Nov 2013: ? waiting on AF

• Options
    I had 3 rounds of clomid and didn't really respond.  2 rounds of femara 5gm with IUI 1-2 follicles.  last round 7.5mg femara 2 good follicles IUI and BFP.  Good luck to you.  I know the increase in dose didnt get me more follicles but the last cycle they did measure bigger.  
    image, image
    My little gummy bear
    10/09-started our journey 3/14/10- Dx anovulatory 12/29 IUI #3 BFP beta 1-25, 2-60, 3-2064. u/s 1 beautiful baby :) 9/22 Baby girl born 6 lb 14 oz perfect !!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm pregnant from my 2nd Femara IUI.  I took 5mg the first time, not response, IUI, BFN.  Then 7.5mg, IUI, BFP.  I don't know the number off the top of my head but I think the chances of Femara twins are pretty slim and I don't know that increasing the dose necessarily increases your chances.  Good luck.
    TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • Options

I got pregnant using Femara, Follistim and doing an IUI.  I was on a very high dose of Femara, 12.5 per day, but in the end I had two mature follicles so I don't think it changed my odds for twins.  I am pregnant with a singleton.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    3 failed clomid cycles, one of which I never responded. BFP on our first femara cycle with 5mg GL!
  • Options
    MrsVoMrsVo member

imageKYRN:
    I'm pregnant from my 2nd Femara IUI.  I took 5mg the first time, not response, IUI, BFN.  Then 7.5mg, IUI, BFP.  I don't know the number off the top of my head but I think the chances of Femara twins are pretty slim and I don't know that increasing the dose necessarily increases your chances.  Good luck.

That is true!  My RE and I were both shocked that I ended up with twins b/c #1 Femara is better about not producing a multiple pregnancy and #2 I only had one measurable follie at my pre-IUI u/s. 

Diagnosed PCOS 2/07, TTC #1 since 8/09
    11/10 - Clomid Round 1 = BFN
    12/10 - Clomid Round 2 = BFN
    1/11 - Voluntary Break = BFN (duh)
    2/11 - Clomid Round 3 = BFN
    3/11 - Femara + IUI = BFP * Beta#1=56 * Beta#2=266
    *Cautiously expecting baby girls on November 28, 2011*
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I used Femara for six total cycles. Three were IUI (failed) and three were TI. We got pregnant on the 6th cycle and it was supposed to be IUI but was converted to TI. During my time on Femara I had 1- follicle (1st cycle), 2 follicles (2nd Cycle), 3 follicles (3rd cycle), 4 follicles (4th cycle), 5 follicles (5th cycle) and 1 follicle on the 6th cycle. I was on 7.5 mg on all of those cycles except the first one. We converted from IUI to TI on the last cycle because we are OOP and didn't want to spend the money with only one follicle. We were hoping for 2 or 3 follicles b/c of my husbands motility issues. However, we only needed that one because we got pregnant. I also used a trigger shot with all of those cycles.

I will add that I think the Femara worked well and we would have gotten pregnant sooner if I had my laparoscopy sooner. I got pregnant on the first cycle after my laparoscopy that removed my endometriosis and unblocked my right tube.

Good luck to you!! 

• Options

Femara (+ IUI) baby here! We were on our 2nd round of 5mg of Femara. My RE put me on Femara as opposed to Clomid because of my endo. Another plus to Femara is that it produces a few GOOD follies. I had 3 follies (2 very big ones) on this cycle I got my BFP, but did not do a trigger - just O'd on my own.

Good luck to you!

After 18 months TTC, our 2nd IUI brought us our BFP! Stick baby stick! FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Another femara + IUI  pregnancy here.  Just found out the other day, and had it confirmed today at the doctor!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Did you take an at home test to find out your pregnant or did you have blood work done to find out?  I ovulated on the 15th and am getting excited to find out if I get a BFP.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Femara IUI baby here! After failed IVF's and no luck with clomid IUI's...good luck!
    TTC #1 since 6/08, MFI dx'd 3/09 Varicocelectomy 6/09, Hydrocelectomy 10/09 IVF with ICSI in Jan/Feb 2010 ER 2/7, ET 2/12 - transferred 2 blasts 5 snowbabies Beta #1 = 22 #2 = 19. Chemical Pregnancy :( FET May 2010 ET 5/30 - transferred 3 embies = BFN Fall/10 Went Gluten free + New RE and Clinic IUI #1 + Clomid 50 mg (1 follie) on 1/18 IUI #2 + Clomid 100 mg (1 follie) on 2/15 IUI# 3 + Femara 7.5 mg (1 follie) on 3/14 = BFP!!!! Beta #1 = 172 (15dpiui) Beta #2 =683!!! Ultrasound at 7 wks: 1 perfect beating heart. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"