Upstate NY Babies

June or other YMCA members

Every thought of trying/or have you tried the tumbling tots (early gymnastics) program? I'm thinking of signing up B. She's very mobile and walked early but will be at the lower end of the age group (ages 1-3). And I haven't done any of the programs there so is there any suggestions? It's 50 dollars for 8 weeks so it's a bit pricey. I'm torn whether to sign us up or not.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

Re: June or other YMCA members

• ooh.. my Y doesn't have a program like that for kids that young but it sounds great.. and honestly the price doesn't seem THAT bad.. if you look into real gymnastics places, a lot of them are that much for 1 month for the mom/tot programs.. This was something I always wanted to do with Eve but they were too expensive..

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Our Y has them too but they are always on days I work :-(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We have not done it, but I did see that and think he would like it! We are not members anymore, but do plan on staying on for swim lessons once fall returns.

Really it breaks down to a little over $6 a class.....that isn't too bad! The Sandbox is more than that and we never stay there for more than 2 hours.

I say do it! =)

• Thanks. Right now we pay almost 100 dollars a month for a membership we don't use. DH will get up early (rarely) but I would have to wait till the evening and I'm exhausted by then. I just cant stomach putting her into the child watch. I don't know, maybe when she's older and can talk. I'm hoping to find time this summer to exercise. Otherwise we will be getting rid of the membership too. But we can still sign up for classes as a program member so that's probably the path we will be taking. I'm hoping it's fun for her. I wanted to do swim lessons but they aren't offering the summer lessons for her age.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• I would do it!  I dropped my Y membership a few days before having dd bc I didn't want to keep paying $50 a month when I knew I wouldn't be going for a while.  And then when I wanted to re-join, I was going to have to pay for dd even though I could have just kept her in the infant carrier by me.  No way I was paying $100 a month for that.  We ended up buying a treadmill instead.

BUT, I did look into doing some of the programs with her.  Unfortunately my work schedule doesn't mesh well with what they offer.  Even the tumbling tots starts at 6pm, and I don't get out until then.  I basically need a thurs class.  Right now, I am planning on doing a soccer class with her in Sept on Thursdays.  It is next door at TSE and $60 for 6 weeks.  If I could find a thursday activity either thru the Y or the school district I would do that instead, but haven't run accross any yet.

• imagejnk062602:

Right now, I am planning on doing a soccer class with her in Sept on Thursdays.  It is next door at TSE and $60 for 6 weeks. 

Hey, I have been looking at this too! I am doing this next session I think, but will do more if he likes it! What time will you pick on Thursdays? I can only do something after 5pm, looks like july/august session's latest time is 4:45pm.

• imageJune4bride2be:
    imagejnk062602:

Right now, I am planning on doing a soccer class with her in Sept on Thursdays.  It is next door at TSE and $60 for 6 weeks. 

Hey, I have been looking at this too! I am doing this next session I think, but will do more if he likes it! What time will you pick on Thursdays? I can only do something after 5pm, looks like july/august session's latest time is 4:45pm.

Oh, fun!  This next sessions only has Mondays as a late night. 

I don't know what we will pick.  She won't be 2 until Sept and that schedule hasn't come out yet.  Assuming it is the same, I will probably pick the evening one (4:45-5:30) simply bc it would be better for Josh's schedule so that he can come and watch sometimes too.  I'm kind of shocked they have enough 2-3 yr olds to have so many sessions thru the week.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"