Upstate NY Babies

**HLG** My fav quinoa recipe! Easy and healthy :)

Tilapia and Quinoa with Feta and Cucumber  

Ingredients

• 1 cup quinoa
    • Coarse salt and ground pepper
    • 2 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
    • 1 pound boneless, skinless tilapia fillets, divided into 8 pieces
    • 3/4 teaspoon paprika
    • 1 cup English cucumber (6 ounces), diced small
    • 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh dill
    • 1/3 cup feta (1 1/2 ounces), crumbled
    • 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice

Directions

1. In a small saucepan, bring quinoa, 2 cups water, and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil over high. Reduce to a medium simmer and cook until water evaporates, about 15 minutes. Transfer quinoa to a medium bowl and let cool 5 minutes.
  2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil over medium-high. Pat fish dry and season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with paprika. Cook fillets until opaque throughout, about 4 minutes, flipping halfway through. Stir cucumber, dill, feta, 1 teaspoon oil, and lemon juice into quinoa. Season with salt and pepper. Divide quinoa among four plates and top with fish.

Re: **HLG** My fav quinoa recipe! Easy and healthy :)

• that sounds really good, I think I might add it to our menu next week! I bet it would be good w/ grilled chicken or shrimp too.

I actually make a warm orzo pasta salad w/ similar flavors... feta, tomato and cucumber w/ grilled shrimp tossed in a lemon dill yogurt vinaigrette. Next time I make it I'll sub quinoa.

• Quinoa??  What is that?
    Lilypie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • wendyjwendyj member
    That looks good. I wonder if it can be done on the grill (maybe in a grill pan) so it won't make the house smell like fish, especially if we have the a/c on. Any thoughts? I've never made tilapia, usually salmon.
  • I have only tried fish on the grill if it's wrapped in foil. But we don't have it that often- I'm far from experienced with it! Quinoa is like couscous...one of the healthy foods nikcole posted about below. I buy it in the bulk section at wegmans.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"