1st Trimester
Options

Initial Bloodwork is Back... TSH is high - Should I be worried?

It's so exciting to be able to start posting the the 1st Trimester board!

I got the results of my blood work done at 5W.  I'm now 7W (I was away for a while).  My TSH was 6.0.  The nurse that I spoke to did not seem concerned about it but after doing some reading about thyroid levels in the first trimester I am concerned.  Should I go see my doctor now to question the issue or wait for my next appointment in 2 weeks?  Given the importance of this trimester and the potential effects of low thyroid levels I really don't want to take a chance.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Initial Bloodwork is Back... TSH is high - Should I be worried?

• Options

I have low thyroid, and my Dr wants my levels during pregnancy to be under 2. At my last blood draw, I was uber close to being at 2, but wasn't yet. I have a standing order to get my blood checked once a month.

I would talk to your Dr about it. He may decide to do something about it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I would get it checked out.  Your level while pregnant should be between .5 and 2.5.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    TTC since Jan '10 and five heavenly children
    May 13th= 1st Beta 325 (16DPO) & May 16th= 2nd Beta 1045
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd call now.  My OB/GYN said the normal pregnancy range is between 1 and 4.  It's when you get outside of that (though they prefer you hyper over hypo) that they worry.  My endocrinologist prefers to keep pregnant patients between 1 and 2.  GL.
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    I would call the nurse and tell her your concerns. I bet your doc could call in Synthroid for you and then recheck your levels in 4-6 weeks. I just got my TSH analysis back today and it was a 12! My doc immediately called in a higher dose for me to start taking asap. I take Synthroid already and was just checked a few weeks ago before my bfp and all was normal so I'm a little freaked out myself. Just call...you will feel better! 
  • Options

Mine started at a 1.6 four weeks ago and it is now up to a 7.6! My doctor wants to be be no higher than a 2.5. She said it should not have changed so suddenly but then I told her I had gotten my Rx filled with an online Pharmacy instead of my regular Rite-Aid. She said even though it is the same dosage it could be that the online company's generic is a little different. In fact the pill even looks different. Kind of scary but glad I am being monitored so closely. My doctor increased my dosage and called it into my original pharmacy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"