North Carolina Babies

W-S Hospitals

Hi, my husband is getting transferred to Winston-Salem at the end of August.  I am due in November.  What have you heard about the hospitals. I am looking at either Wake Forest or Forsyth.  If you have any opinions please help me out!   Also, any OB recommendations too.....   My Dr. is going to see if she knows anyone, but extra help would be appreciated!  Smile
BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: W-S Hospitals

• Baptist (Wake Forest) doesn't deliver babies - Forsyth is your only option in Winston. I had a wonderful experience there (induced, ended in c/s, stayed for 4 days). I've also been there for other medical procedures & have been very happy with my care all around.

My OB rec would be W-S Womancare (https://www.w-swomancare.com/). I really love it. I had a completely normal 1st pregnancy, but have had 3 miscarriages & a major complication in trying to get pg w/ #2 and they have been fabulous with both situations.

Welcome to the area! 

• I moved to Winston Salem 4 weeks before my due date! I was so nervous I would not like my doctor or the hospital. Forsyth hospital was amazing. I took me 4 1/2 hours to push my little guy out and the nurses and my doctor were there the entire time to cheer me on. Hawthorne OBGYN is an excellent choice and right next to the hospital. I know it is hard to move while pregnant, so I wish you the best of luck!
    photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Forsyth is a great hospital for having babies (and other things too).  DS was a preemie, and they have a level IV NICU that was amazing.  I was so lucky to have a place like that right in my hometown. 

I go to Lyndhurst OBGYN and love it there.  I had IF issues when TTC DS and this pg is high risk (since he was a preemie) and they have been awesome.

Lyndhurst, WomanCare, and Hawthorne are the 3 you'll hear about the most.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrsmikey:

Lyndhurst, WomanCare, and Hawthorne are the 3 you'll hear about the most.

Ditto! I have friends that go to all 3 & you probably won't go wrong with any of them.

• I'm also going to recommend Hawthorne for OB care. They were wonderful for my entire pregnancy. I went to womancare for my first pregnancy and while many peole love them, I did not have a good experience at all!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also go to Lyndhurst and love it there.  Been going there for 18 years.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• yup, you can only deliver at Forsyth.  i had a positive experience!

i go to the Womancare OB/GYN group, and I can't say enough good things about the practice.

• As others mentioned, Forsyth Womens Center is the only place in town that delivers babies, but they are great!  I would recommend calling and setting up a maternity tour.  My husband and I really got a lot out of it and I felt at ease going in to have my baby.  I loved all of my nurses at Forsyth.  They were wonderful!  

I use Lyndhurst OB/Gyn and I am very happy with them.  My favorite doctor there is Dr. Jacobs, but I have seen nearly all of their docs and I can't say a bad thing about any of them.  I also really like the nurses at Lyndhurst.  They are very down to earth.  Lyndhurst offers a lot of classes for new parents, as well, including breastfeeding, infant CPR, lamaze, etc. and the nurses from the practice teach the classes.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"